Seven

As they approached the small town it was quiet, awfully quiet. It put Mia on edge.

They had the place surrounded, all taking different angles for best approach.

Reece had suspected Charlotte was inside the small house that was smack dead in the middle, it was the most protected.

Whatever group Rodger was in it certainly wasn't small.

There were men patrolling the grounds in every direction.

Reece followed Mia cautiously as they hid between the shadows of buildings. They were making their way down a secluded alleyway before Reece grabbed her shoulder from behind and pulled her down.

She looked to him confused before he raised a finger to his lips, signalling her to stay quiet.

Two men passed the alley, she watched them, a burning rage in her heart. But to her bitter disappointment he was right, they were armed all right. Once the quiet murmur of their inaudible conversation grew distant Reece made her way past Mia.

He walked cautiously to the end of the alleyway before poking his head out, looking left and right before turning back.

"Wait for Aut's  signal." He mouthed.

It was silent for a few minutes before the sound of an explosion blew through the air. The impact shaking the ground slightly as dust and rubble flew in their direction. Mia covered her mouth before they sprinted towards the houses.

She saw several men on the floor, coughing and groaning, covered in their own blood.

"Intruders!" Someone yelled from afar.

There were several men coming towards them now.

"Well this is going to be fun." Reece smirked before opening fire on them. She watched as one by one they dropped to the floor.

Suddenly someone had Mia in a choke hold, a knife to her throat. She grabbed his head, bringing him over her shoulder effortlessly knocking him to the floor in front of her, his knife clattered beside him.

She picked it up and threw it into his throat, she watched in amusement as he started to choke on his own blood.

She turned around and watched as three men approached her from different sides all aiming their guns. She loaded her own before knocking the first one to the ground with a blow to the head. The second with a blow to the stomach. The third approached closer, his finger grazed the trigger before his body went slack. Autumn stood behind him a knife in her hand watching in triumph as she watched the light leave his eyes.

"Get to the house! Now!" She called before she started to take out more guards.

Mia started to sprint, faster than every before.

Reece was at his sisters side in seconds they were taking out small groups with ease. Once out of bullets he went to reload before a large group got closer.

Before they could close in there was the sound of tires screeching, the car swerved as it hurled it's way through the group taking them out effortlessly. Marjorie stepped on the brake and flew forward slightly with the impact.

She smirked before looking to Reece "You're welcome." She mouthed.

Once Mia approached the outside of the house she sighed in relief, the outside was empty. She made her way around the house, trying to look at the layout from the inside. She peered through the window and saw a door that was cranked open, a basement.

"Bingo." She whispered. 

She tiptoed cautiously to the door of the house before she knocked.

A few minutes passed before the door swung open, Mark opened the door, he furrowed his eyebrows before smirking, "Hello beautiful, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

Several men were behind him in seconds.

"You've made a mistake coming here on your own." One called before throwing a knife her way, she dodged it effortlessly before turning her back to them stepping forward slightly, she lifted two grenades and threw them over her shoulders.

"Boom." She pronounced smiling.

She threw herself forward, feeling the ground shake behind her.

Once it settled she got up quickly, she ran back towards the entrance, a set of keys were thrown out by the door, she picked them up swiftly and stepped over their dead bodies triumphantly.

She made her way through the house, she couldn't hear anything, a potential good or bad sign. 

She ran down the basement stairs and collided with a metal door, she peered through the bars of the door and gasped in horror as she saw Charlotte, unconscious, bloody and bruised.

She tried to unlock the door but the lock was jammed. She threw herself against the door desperately, the third time it caved and swung open.

"No! Please!" Charlotte cried out shutting her eyes tightly in fear.

Mia approached her, kneeling beside her "It's okay sweetheart, you're safe." She whispered before taking the keys and bringing it to the lock on Charlottes shackles.

Charlotte opened her eyes gasping, "Mia?" She sobbed in disbelief. Once her hands were free she collapsed into Mia.

"Oh baby what did they do to you?" She breathed into her hair taking her into her arms.

All Charlotte could do was cry.

"Let's get you out of here okay?" She assured trying to keep her voice as steady as possible, "Can you walk?" She asked looking over her girlfriend's body trying to assess any major injuries.

Charlotte sobbed harder as she tried to shake her head.

Mia moved her arms and supported Charlottes lower back and under her legs, "Okay take a deep breath for me darling."

Charlotte wrapped her arms around Mia's neck before inhaling deeply. Mia hoisted her upwards, cradling her to her chest. Charlotte barred her teeth as a pained cry ripped from her throat, her legs throbbing.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." Mia kept whispering as she carried Charlotte out with ease.

"You're safe now, I promise." She kept repeating over and over into her distraught girlfriends hair.

They neared the front door.

"And just where do you think your going?" A voice challenged.