Chapter Teaser 😮

Never done this but here's a little teaser for the next chapter! Buckle in guys it's bout to get crazy.

-
-
-

Autumn and Charlotte had been going through research for hours, both comfortable in the warm silence that they brought each other.

Autumn was eating peanut butter off a spoon as she scanned the pages. She had made Reece go out and gather all of the peanut butter he could possibly find earlier in the week.

He outright refused until she reminded him that it wasn't her that wanted it, it was his niece.

Charlotte was writing things down in her own research journal, things that could be important, names, dates, casualties.

She had gathered the leader of the group, 'The Survivors,' was a man named "Kane."

She shivered at the name, it was well known.

He was also one of the men who had dragged her daughters away.

She felt bile rise in her throat temporarily, she swallowed hard as she tried to contain her grief.

Her head snapped up when Autumn gasped.

"What, what is it?" Charlotte asked concerned.

Autumn couldn't form any words, her eyes dropping to the page and back to Charlotte's. Her mouth open, frozen in place.

"What Aut?" Charlotte repeated more gently now.

Autumn didn't say anything she simply passed the book to Charlotte.

Charlotte took it quickly and looked to the page.

The group have hope, we have hope, Kane said a man named Roger promised him a cure.