Eighteen

Marjorie huffed in annoyance as Reece dodged her punch for the fifth time in a row.

"It's not fair, I always lose when I'm training with you." She protested loudly, stepping backwards.

The couple were in a secluded field that was just a few miles away from the house, the cold was harsh on their skin as Christmas neared.

Reece simply chuckled, "That's because you're not focused." He teased as he sent his foot towards the back of her ankle gently.

He brought his leg sideways resulting her to fall back on her feet.

He caught her effortlessly and she was wide eyed as she glared up at him.

"See, you would of been a goner if I was a zombie or worse another human from a different group." He grinned as he lifted her back to her feet.

She brushed off the dirt that was building on her jeans with a frustrated sigh, "I much prefer going up against Mia, I have an actual reason to put in some effort."

Reece cocked his head, amused slightly, "I think fighting for your life requires some effort."

Marjorie looked back up at him with a cautious expression, "You're in a good mood today." Her tone light and mildly raised in suspicion.

He shuffled on his feet slightly, a glimmer of something flickering his cool expression before it quickly faltered.

She was about to interrogate him before he stepped forward, their bodies now only inches apart, her breath caught in her throat surprised as she struggled to look away, completely losing focus.

"You look so good in that shirt, it's mine isn't it?" He whispered seductively pulling her slightly closer.

She smirked into his shoulder, bringing her foot behind his leg she sent him backwards suddenly with a loud thud.

She folded her arms in triumph, "Now who's not focused?" She grinned.

Reece looked up at her in shock for a moment before the corner of his mouth curled upwards slightly, "You've gotten stronger." He said confidently.

"Thankyou." She replied proudly, she offered out her hand to him and he took it, pulling her down so she landed on top of him.

"Reece!" She chuckled softly as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Let's just stay like this for awhile." He whispered before brushing his lips against hers.

-

"Are you sure you're up for this?" Charlotte asked quietly.

Autumn and Charlotte sat in the car, it was parked just a few houses away from Matilda's.

Autumn didn't reply, she simply opened the car door and climbed out, Charlotte observed in slight worry before gingerly exiting the passenger side.

Autumn didn't complain about Charlottes slow pace as she limped awkwardly, she'd gotten used to her cast but it still proved difficulty.

They approached the porch steps and Charlotte looked to her once more, "Are you sure?"

Autumn looked to her, inhaling deeply before nodding, she held out her arm and helped Charlotte climb the steps.