Twenty Nine

Siobhan was holding onto Vivian's hand so tightly that it felt like it might break.

Marjorie brought them tea and took a seat opposite the pair next to Reece.

After a few minutes of awkward silence Marjorie spoke.

"I knew you weren't just jogging partners!" She cheered proudly to herself.

Mia and Charlotte were across the room, watching Jamie as he flipped through a colouring book, they both turned to shoot Marjorie a confused look.

Vivian chuckled under her breath.

"I'm not sure what to say." Reece looked to Siobhan.

He wanted to tell her that he was sorry.

He was sorry he didn't see the signs.

He was sorry his father was a monster.

All Siobhan saw in Reece's eyes were Roger's, she glanced away quickly before she could feel the nostalgic panic bubble up inside of her, "It's fine Reece." She mumbled.

"Charlotte?" Marjorie called out.

Charlotte turned once more.

"Would you mind taking Jamie upstairs, I'm sure the others will be happy to see him."

Charlotte looked to Vivian who nodded.

"Come on sweetheart." Charlotte ushered gently, taking his hand.

They both left the room and Mia made her way over to the small group, she leant against the closest wall and waited patiently for someone to start talking.

"This house is beyond." Vivian stated.

Mia scoffed, "It's horrible, Roger designed the whole damn thing, it used to be a hotel."

Vivian raised an eyebrow, "I would say that shocks me but." Her words trailed off slightly.

Marjorie locked her hands together.

Vivian was quick to spot it, "That's a beautiful ring." She gasped.

Marjorie smiled softly before outstretching her hand so she could get a closer look, "We're planning a June wedding."

Siobhan chewed on her words before she couldn't, "Roger used to say that if you two ever did end up marrying he would object at the wedding, he was determined he wouldn't allow it."

Reece scoffed, even in death his father angered him, "As if he would of been invited."

Vivian hummed in approval, "Did you have a funeral?"

Mia abruptly burst into laughter.

Reece grinned, "That man was a walking funeral, he made his grave and he doesn't even lay in it."

Mia was still laughing, "Sorry!" She was wiping tears from her eyes, "Ah Vivian you're funny, I always knew I liked you." She sighed happily.

"What did you do with the body?" Siobhan asked, more serious now.

"Which part?"  The redhead smirked.