Eleven

HUGE TW: SELF HARM

(I'll put a warning before the part, please read with caution)

-

Charlotte had her head in Mia's lap. Mia was holding a book out over her head and they were both reading it, they giggled privately with each other as Charlotte was moving her head around, trying to block the pages.

Reece was watching from the doorway. His mind fogged, wondering how to break the news to her, she looked so happy and carefree and he didn't want to ruin it.

Marjorie pulled on his hand and he stepped back, she looked up at him with curious eyes.

Reece simple shook his head.

She leant up, wrapping her arms around his shoulders tightly, he melted into the touch instantly and let out a shaky sigh.

"I'm so sorry darling." She whispered stroking the back of his hair, trying to offer condolences.

"It's okay, I just need to talk to Mia, it's important." He stated quietly.

She pulled back slowly before nodding.

"I love you." She said softly.

"I love you too." He placed a kiss to her forehead before he turned back and entered the living room.

Mia and Charlotte both looked up.

"How did it go?" Charlotte asked quietly.

Reece avoided the question by averting his eyes down to her cast, he smirked at the stickers and doodles that covered nearly every inch.

Charlotte noticed and chuckled, "Jodie and Carly got bored." She confirmed.

"Ah I see." He smiled before continuing, "Can I borrow her?" He asked looking to Mia.

Charlotte looked up at her girlfriend, gently wrapping her arms around her neck, "Oh but we're so comfy." She mumbled.

Mia was smiling down at her before she looked back to Reece and realised his expression had turned serious.

"What is it?" Mia asked concerned.

Reece nodded his head towards the door.

Charlotte winced as she carefully moved, still slightly in pain, letting Mia free.

She quickly, dog-eared the page before placing it on the coffee table. "I'll be back sweetheart." She smiled before following Reece out of the room.

Reece opened the front door and they walked out onto the porch, settling on the top step.

"What's wrong? Did you find her." She asked shivering slightly at the cold, she wrapped her arms around herself trying to provide warmth.

Reece noticed and shrugged off his jacket placing it kindly around Mia's shoulders.

"Thanks." She mumbled as she pulled it inwards slightly.

He bit his lip anxiously as he thought on how to approach the conversation.

"So we went to the address Roger gave us and a young woman answered the door." He informed.

Mia looked to him, "It wasn't her?"

Reece shook his head.

"Oh right, continue." She replied intrigued.

Reece inhaled deeply, looking to the stars as he avoided Mia's stare. "It turns out, your father married our mother."

Mia held her breath slightly, she wasn't as shocked as she thought she'd be. She had considered that it was a possibility a few years ago.

"Oh." Was all she could say before the realisation kicked in.