7.

࿐࿐࿐ 

Finley stood for fair warrior - not that Clover learned that but when he got the first glance at him, he couldn't help but examine his very light skin. Finley was pale, but his cheeks were painted a delicate layer of red. Clover enjoyed the look of the flush on Finley's cheeks as it matched with the plump lips on his face. From where Clover stood, he could catch the blue in Finley's eyes. Elio and Finley looked like opposites though when Elio stood in front of him, Clover discovered that Finley was taller than the both of them.

"Who is this baby?"

Clover nearly backed up at the usage of the nickname, he spoke it so naturally as if it was alright. Clover still struggled to comprehend what the relationship was, how it operated and the fact it could be three men together without a single lady. His parents, their expressions of revulsion and fury were scorched into his mind, he wanted to make the same face and show them he was always their son but they weren't here to criticise him. Clover tried to make his face impartial, that this didn't disturb him.

"Oh, this is Clover," Elio turned to Clover after placing a soft kiss on Finley's cheek, "He's...staying with us for a few days,"

Clover observed as Finley's face contorted with puzzlement, his brows creasing as he looked deep into Elio's eyes. Clover looked away, the closeness between the two was too great for his eyes, and he didn't want to seem disgusted or rude by gaping. He heard the two whisper to each other, small scuffles of materials ruffling behind him.

"Why?" He heard the rough whisper of Finley.

"It's hard to explain but it's only a few days Fin," Elio whispered back, a tiny bit of anxiety hanging in his tone.

"Does Yuki know about this?"

There was silence, yet Clover could speculate the meek shake of Elio's head and then he heard a sigh. He attempted to skim around the vines again, tracking each individual stalk to make him appear...ignorant of what was being spoken. He heard more shuffling of garments and abruptly a blazer was being placed next to him on the counter of the island. Clover peeked at it; the blackness of the fabric covering the cold marble.

"What's your name?" Finley's tone was fierce, making Clover feel uninvited and tense.

Clover's mind struggled, almost forgetting his name due to the sharpness of the unknown man, and the proximity. He wasn't sure if Finley was attempting to intimidate him but his chest was sitting right by him, his cologne drifting into his nose. He smelt of oranges and sandalwood, a fragrance that satisfied Clover a lot, a smell he had forgotten since being homeless.

"Clover,"

"Clover what?" The man asked, his replies fast and intense as if Clover was being scrutinised.

"Volvic,"

There were a few moments of stillness, Clover refused to glimpse and make eye contact with Finley. He was too timid to do so, he felt if he did he would get forced to the floor for merely existing. Clover understood he was trespassing even if Elio said he could stay, the two others who lived here had not approved.

"I've heard that name, Volvic..." Finley muttered and looked at his lover.

"They reside up north," Elio spoke, "They're one of the religious families,"

"And what's he doing here?" Finley questioned, his tone turning back sharp.

"I told you, it's difficult to explain," Elio almost whined, not wanting to feel embarrassed in front of the younger boy.

"Yeah well, Yuki won't let him stay here,"

Elio fell silent at the sentence and Clover began to feel unwelcome. He suddenly began feeling awkward, not desiring to make the lovers quarrel or dispute, but also not wanting to remain in a place where he would be unwelcome. He was never invited into a friend's place by a friend but to be tossed out would be a new experience. Clover would rather risk the wrath of the avenues, and the danger of unfamiliar men than remain here where he would be the victim of enraged 'safe' men. Specifically, Clover didn't want his friend Elio to be put to fault.