Chapter 7: The Date

Emily POV

"What happened last night?" I hear Hanna mumble and stretch.
I open my eyes and notice my arms around a sleeping Alison. I look around and see Hanna on the small couch, Aria is asleep on the floor and Spencer isn't in here. I smell coffee and realise Spencer is in the kitchen making it.

"What time is it?" I ask Hanna.

She looks at her phone. "Ew, it's 8:45. Why am I even awake?" She says.

I chuckle. "You fell asleep at like 10, Han."

She sighs and lays back down. "Em, coffee is ready." I look up to see Spencer looking at me, drinking a mug of coffee.

I gently let go of Ali and slowly get off the couch without waking her.

"Thanks Spence." I say while walking into the kitchen.

I grab a mug and pour coffee. 10 minutes later, Aria walks into the kitchen.

"Hey guys." She says while she sits next to Spencer on the stools in front of the counter.

I'm standing on the other side of the counter, sipping on my coffee.

"How you feeling, Ar?" Spencer asks.

"Fine. I have a light headache, that's it." She answers.

I grab a glass and pour her some water. "Here." I slide the glass across the table.

"Thanks."

A few minutes later, Alison walks into the kitchen. She walks straight over to me and buries her face into my shoulder.

"Good morning, sleepy." I greet her.

"I'm tired." She mumbles into my shoulder. I can feel Aria and Spencer's eyes on us, watching.

I wrap my arm around her and rub up and down her back and take a sip of my coffee with my other hand. "Why did you get up?" I ask.

"I don't know." She replies. "Because you weren't there."

"Aw." I hear Aria say.

"Sorry, I was getting coffee with Spencer." She removes her face and rests her head on my shoulder instead.

"I see." She replies.

"Okay, why aren't you guys dating?" Spencer asks.

"It's too early for this." Ali says and walks back into the living room.

"I agree." I reply and set my mug down.

I walk into the living room and sit by Ali who is looking through her Instagram. A few moments later, Aria and Spencer join.

"Do you remember last night?" I ask quietly so only Ali could hear.

She puts her phone down and looks at me. "Yeah, for the most part. I don't really remember the Truth or Dare game though." She says.

"Well, you kind of told Aria and Spence that we are seeing each other." I say.

She has a small smile. "Good, they needed to know."

Her answer surprised me but I nod.

"I've got to go, guys. I got a hot date tonight." Ali states and winks at me.

They all smile our way, well Aria and Spencer do, Hanna is asleep.

"I'll walk you out." I say and walk with her outside.

"What should I wear tonight?" Ali asks while putting her bag down on the Marin driveway. Who is her ride?

"Dress casual. Who is taking you home?" I ask.