Chapter 35: Forfeits and the Tatsugami

~~~~~~~~~~

"The matches are continuing! At this rate, Sasuke might be fighting dead last..." Fei muttered.

"But that means my match just got one closer!!" Shikamaru shouted, unimpressed by the outcome.

"And now next match, Akari Tatsugami and Miki Tenshi, come on down!" The proctor yelled as the two girls moved towards the battlefield. Fei cheered for her leaf friend, confident that she could do it. The mint haired girl smiled at her kindly as she made her way down.

"So who do you think will win this one?" Naruto asked, squinting at the two competitors.

"I don't really know. I don't know much about that Akari, but I'm sure Miki can do it."

"Hmm, ever since we started in the academy, Miki always seemed like the type who was incapable of hurting a fly... Do you really think she can do it?" The inquisitive boy asked, eyes bored.

"She wouldn't be here if she couldn't, right?" Fei assumed, shrugging. She glanced at Hibiki out of curiosity, only to see him tense and in thought. She approached him and tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked. He stiffened before glancing at her.

"Yeah...its just that, the Tatsugami. I haven't heard of them in a long time. It was said they had the ability to control dragons of various elements, but they suddenly vanished."

"Why does that alarm you?" Fei asked, rubbing his back in worry.

"Well...it doesn't matter, I'm going to head back for a bit, go back to Naruto, okay?"

"But, Hibiki!" She saw him rush away. She was tempted to follow him, but refrained. Maybe it was better to leave him alone, he looked like he needed some space.

The match had begun, Akari setting up a graceful bow as Miki circled her, "You know, I'm a simple girl, but incredibly graceful and royal. I don't really want to waste my time on a simple match, so I'll let you entertain me. Show me what peasants have to offer."

"But...I'm not a peasant?" Miki stuttered, a little caught off guard at the boisterous nature of the girl. The brunette smiled and shook her head.

"No, no, that's the common mistake: you are! Everyone is compared to myself. Look at me!" She twirled swiftly before landing in a defensive pose, "Come now, don't keep me waiting. I get bored quickly."

Miki then took the initiative, running towards her a kunai in hand, glowing a slight yellow. Akari jumped out of the way, narrowly missing a cut on the leg as she gracefully landed somewhere else in the arena. Miki then cast her jutsu, "Angel's will: Wings!" Miki shouted as she suddenly popped wings out of her back, a nice glowy yellow as she resumed chasing Akari quicker than before.

Noticing the change, Akari turned around and attacked, engaging in a kunai battle before Akari swiftly kicked Miki aside, "Water style: water bullets!"

Miki dodged most of them before making her way towards Akari once more, slicing her in the leg. She then placed the kunai towards her throat, panting.

"Please forfeit, the slice should prevent you from moving that leg anymore. So it's over." Akari smirked as she turned into water. A water clone.

"Hmm. I thought a member from the Tenshi clan would be a lot more fun in combat, but I guess not. It's not really fair if you haven't mastered your abilities, I suppose." Akari's voice echoed through the arena, "still, I did say I get bored pretty easily. Therefore, I want to end this with some grace. Thank you for trying, though, but with a princess like me...what's the point?" Akari exclaimed before appearing from the hole Naruto had made, shooting water pellets at Miki, who caught two in the arm yelping.