Chapter 24: Confronting Old Foes

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Issei and Jaune stood at the entrance to Purgatory, a foreboding portal that promised confrontation with Issei's former enemies. Shiva's warnings echoed in their minds, reminding them of the threat these adversaries posed.

"So, this is where they are?" Jaune asked, eyeing the swirling entrance with a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

"Yep," Issei confirmed, his tone casual despite the gravity of the situation. "The very place where their souls are supposed to go. Guess they haven't learned their lesson even after four years."

"Hmm.." Jaune mused in response, as soon enough someone came inside. The person was Persephone, who was described to be a beautiful woman with long, wavy brown hair that cascades down her back, adorned with a delicate floral crown. Her outfit is a stunning mix of dark and red hues, intricately designed with elaborate details and gold accents. The upper part of her attire consists of a black, lacy corset that accentuates her figure, paired with a short, flared skirt that transitions into a longer, ruffled train at the back, creating a dramatic and flowing silhouette. She also wore a thigh-high stockings with a distinctive crisscross pattern, adding a touch of allure and mystery to her look. Her arms are adorned with black gloves that extend just past her elbows

Persephone, standing beside them with a serene smile, asked, "So, are you two ready for this?"

Issei shook his head, "I'm the only one going in. Jaune will handle the Purgatory Portal while I deal with them."

Persephone sighed, a mixture of weariness and resignation in her voice. "Even after three years, some of my family still haven't learned their lesson. They still want to make our lives problematic."

Issei looked at his adoptive mother, reassuring her. "Mom, I'll be fine. I just need to deal with the smarter ones trying to break through the barrier and reinforce a stronger one to prevent any souls from escaping. These idiots don't realize that messing with Purgatory could destroy the natural order of the universe and potentially break our world apart."

Jaune nodded, recalling his surprise upon learning about Purgatory's existence. He had discovered that a similar concept existed in Remnant, where the Brother Gods created an afterlife allowing for soul resurrection if needed. He also revealed that Remnant's Purgatory was connected to all worlds in their universe, making it a crucial part of their cosmic balance.