GRANDFATHER'S BLESSING

I sat quietly beside my grandfather on the wide wooden porch of our family's countryside home

I sat quietly beside my grandfather on the wide wooden porch of our family's countryside home. The afternoon sun filtered through the trees, casting a warm, golden glow over the peaceful yard.

It was moments like this-moments filled with quiet reflection-that made me appreciate the simplicity of life away from the city.

My grandfather had always been a steady presence in my life, his wisdom and calm demeanor a constant source of comfort.

As a child, I would spend hours with him, listening to his stories of the old days and soaking in the life lessons hidden within them.

And now, as an adult, I still sought his advice whenever I found myself lost or uncertain.

That was exactly why I had come to visit him today.

My thoughts drifted back to Soo-hyun and the whirlwind of emotions that had taken over my heart in the past few weeks.

Ever since our feelings had come to light-thanks to Krystal and Hae-in's meddling-I had felt like I was floating in a strange mix of joy and uncertainty.

It wasn't that I didn't care for Soo-hyun-I did, deeply.

But I had always been cautious with my heart, and the idea of taking such a big step into a romantic relationship, especially with someone I known for weeks, made me nervous.

I glanced at my grandfather, who sat with his hands resting on his lap, his eyes closed as if he were simply enjoying the tranquility.

His once-strong figure had grown frail with age, but his spirit was still sharp and vibrant.

"Grandfather," I said softly, breaking the silence.

Grandfather is on vacation every time he misses our grandmother.

My grandfather opened his eyes slowly, turning his gaze to me with a gentle smile. "Hmm?"

I hesitated, unsure of how to begin.

I took a deep breath, deciding to just say what was on my mind. "There's something I've been thinking about. Something I'm... struggling with."

My grandfather nodded, urging me to continue.

"It's about Soo-hyun," I confessed. "You know, the friend I've mentioned before."

My grandfather's smile widened a little, the lines around his eyes crinkling. "Ah, yes. The young man you speak of often."

U felt a blush creeping up my cheeks. "Yeah...him."

I took another deep breath, trying to organize my thoughts. "We've been friends for so long, and recently... things have changed between us. We've admitted that we have feelings for each other, but I don't know what to do next. I'm afraid, Grandfather. Afraid of ruining our friendship, afraid of getting hurt, and I don't want to make the wrong choice."