The Golden House Incident

The light disappeared and we were just on the outskirts of Máoyi.

"Where do you think it is?" Banshee asked.

I looked straight ahead of us and there was a trail.

"Perhaps this trail?"

I suddenly heard footsteps from behind us.

"Hey! This is Talon territory. Please leave immediately." I turned around and three Talon Agents were standing there. One was big and carried a large ice hammer. The other had a gun and the last one looked similar to the ones with Sabrina.

I drew my blade without hesitation.

"Who do you think you are?" The gunman began pointing his rifle at me. Suddenly, behind him Percival jumped into the air and slashed his back with a blade of water. As he was in the air he used the gunman's body to hold himself up and roundhouse kicked the Talon Girl in the face and spinning above the gunman to slash the hammer Talon Agent with his sword.

All of them fell to the ground at the same time.

"Woah! He's fast!" Banshee proclaimed.

"Hey comrade! Sorry bout that. I don't want them hurting my friend but it would look awfully suspicious if I told them to stop. Don't worry though. They didn't see a thing."

"Thank you but... What are you doing out here?"

"I wanted to ask for that Stone back. It wasn't mine to give. I didn't know that so I'd like it back."

"Who's it for?"

"It's an anonymous client. I can't say sorry."

I pulled the stone out of my pocket. It was now glowing golden.

"Why does it look like that?"

"Huh? That's strange. I don't know."

He grabbed it and put it in his pocket.

"Thanks comrade. I don't think I'll be stationed here any longer so this may very well be our last meeting for now."

"Where are you going next?" Banshee asked.

"Probably the Kaminari Islands. They are just beyond Máoyī's ocean."

"Well, maybe I will see you there?"

"Maybe. Unless I get caught up in something I'll be gone by tomorrow."

"Well bye!" Banshee said.

He turned around and walked away while waving and smiling. I waved back.

"We should hurry up!" Banshee exclaimed. I nodded and we went on the trail.

It didn't take long before we found a small Talon Camp just off the trail.

I got down and tried to sneak my way by but.

"Hey! Where do you think you are going?" A Talon Agent yelled at me.

I never was good at sneaking.

Another one of the big Talon members grabbed the Ice hammer and slammed it down onto the ground. I sidestepped it and hopped onto the hammer before kicking the agent in his face. It staggered him.

"Astro look out!" Banshee cried.

I turned and a fire bullet was right in front of my face. I moved out of the way before it hit me and rushed towards the guy. I kneed him before he could even react. These guys are probably stronger than the ones that beat me in Cavindale.

He fell to the ground. Another Agent picked up a large mini gun like weapon. It fired a stream of water at high speeds which I managed to move out of the way for.

"He's too fast!?!" The Agent said.

I rushed towards him and moved out of the way and jumped onto the mini gun before kneeing him in the face.

He fell to the ground with a thud.

"So many Talon Agents. What could they be planning?" Banshee said.

"Whatever it is. It has to be something bad."

We went back onto the trail this time running to get there before something bad happens.

We finally made it to the entrance. It was a large building made of Gold. It was placed inside a mountain cliff. It had a large seal placed on the door.

"Quick! Let's unseal it." Banshee said.

I pulled out the Sigil and placed it up to the door. I opened the door and entered the building. The seal replaced itself immediately after we entered.

"Nobody should be getting in now!" Banshee said.

We walked through the hallway and immediately saw two of the guards bodies on the ground.

"Look!" Banshee flew over to the bodies and placed her hand on their pulse.

"They are still alive." She said.

"Who could have gotten in?"

"Maybe there really was a mole?" Banshee asked.

We walked into the big room. There was a large platform that led to the body of Lapis Dei. It was glowing and placed over a statue. Gold littered the areas where a pond would normally be surrounding the platform.

"Where is everyone?" Banshee said. She flew over to the middle of the room. I followed her.

"I have to thank you for leading me to the Golden House, Comrade. The Marzanna herself would grant you a fortune if you worked for her. Unfortunately, our deal has expired. If you don't leave now. You will end up like those guards."

I immediately turned around.

"Percival?" I said.

"Bingo!" He said as he walked down from the steps.

"Were you the one that did this?" I said.

"Of course! And I wouldn't have done it without you."

"But how did you get a Sigil?"

"It's quite simple. I placed a spell on that Stone of yours. The one you used to contact The Xian. It absorbs what's near the stone and copies whatever it absorbed. The Sigil you have is a copy. I had to rush here to get here before you. Thankfully, there were Talon Agents there to stop you from getting here too quickly."

"This entire time you tricked us?" Banshee cried.

"Nah, more like helped each other out. I gave you the ability to pardon yourself and you helped me out by doing this."

"I didn't know what I was helping you with!" I said.

"You do now! I said that you'd find out soon. Now you can leave now. I'll be taking Lapis Dei's Crest."

Percival began walking up to the body right past me.

I drew my blade and stopped him from moving further.

"No, I'll stop you." I said.

Percival chuckled.

"You sure you really want to do this? Well, I accept your challenge. Don't you disappoint!" He said with a sadistic grin on his face.