𝐱𝐯. 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

☾︎ 𝕆𝕃𝔻 𝔽ℝ𝕀𝔼ℕ𝔻𝕊 ☽︎

February 10, 2017

February was a cold month in Nashville, but the warmth of the Williams home filled the house with a welcoming atmosphere. Winter in Tennessee was mild compared to the cold in Lyon, where Alex was in full season with Olympique Lyonnais. The arrival of Brooklyn and Alex to the Williams family home was a relief for both the two stars and the family.

Brooklyn, with her blonde hair loose over her shoulders and a smile that lit up the room, she approached the house with a mix of excitement and concern. The concern was because this birthday of her mother, Cate, was especially significant. Chemotherapy had advanced her treatment, and although Cate showed admirable strength, the state of her health remained a constant source of concern for the family.

Ethan Williams, stood in the entrance to greet his daughter and Alex. They hugged each other warmly, grateful for their presence at such an important moment.

"Brooklyn! Alex! I'm glad to see you here. How is everything in Lyon?" Ethan asked, his voice filled with a fatherly tone full of curiosity and love.

"Everything is fine, dad. Alex is having an amazing season and I am working on new material for the next album." Brooklyn replied, as her gaze searched for her mother in the living room.

Alex, with a smile that revealed both her respect for the family and her joy of being there. "The season in Lyon has been going very well, thank you. But the most important thing today is to celebrate Cate's birthday."

Ethan nodded, happy to see how his daughter had found a balance between her professional and personal life. "Cate is in the kitchen preparing some things for the birthday. I don't want to interrupt her, but I am very happy to have you here."

As Ethan spoke, Brooklyn saw her mother in the kitchen, leaning over a shelf full of dishes. The sight of Cate, with her hair short due to the effects of the treatment, but with a warm smile on her face, touched her deeply.

Without a second thought, Brooklyn approached her mother with quick but careful steps. "Mum, please put those plates down. It's not good for you to carry weight with chemotherapy." Brooklyn said in a soft but firm tone.

Cate, surprised but smiling, turned to her daughter. "Oh, Brooklyn, I was just…" she began to say, but was interrupted by Brooklyn's firm gesture.

"No, put them down. I'll take care of everything." Brooklyn insisted, taking the plates from her mother's hands and carrying them to the kitchen table. "You should rest."

Cate laughed, a laugh that was more cheerful than it seemed to be in her circumstances. "You've always been a very attentive daughter. Thank you, sweetheart."

While Brooklyn took care of the birthday details, Alex stood to the side, observing the scene with a mix of admiration and tenderness. She understood how important this moment was for Brooklyn and her family, and she respected the intimacy of the moment.

Cate, seeing Alex, approached with the same warmth she gave to Brooklyn. "Alex, I’m so glad to see you! How are you?"

"I'm fine, Cate, thanks for asking. I'm so glad to be here to celebrate your birthday." Alex replied, taking Cate's hand in a friendly gesture.

Cate looked at her with a warm gaze. "Your presence is a gift in itself. You are a special part of Brooklyn's life."

Brooklyn, hearing these words, smiled with a sparkle in her eyes that reflected both her love for Alex and the relief of being surrounded by her loved ones.