⛈️

Chapter 14 – Cold Breeze of Autumn

The crisp autumn air was filled with the scent of chrysanthemums and the sound of laughter as the Imperial Court gathered to celebrate the Autumn Festival.

The courtyards were adorned with vibrant lanterns and intricate tapestries, creating a festive atmosphere.

Amidst the festivities, Hui Yan found herself in the bustling marketplace set up within the palace grounds, searching for the perfect fabric to make her festival dress.

She carefully examined a bolt of luxurious bright yellow silk, its rich color shimmering in the afternoon sunlight.

As she ran her fingers over the smooth material, she felt a sense of satisfaction.

This fabric would make a dress that would perfectly complement her bright red hair and striking green eyes.

Just as she was about to inform the merchant of her choice, a sharp voice interrupted her thoughts. "I was looking at that fabric first."

Hui Yan turned to see Chu Bei Ya standing nearby, her expression haughty and eyes narrowed.

Chu Bei Ya 

Chu Bei Ya 

Dressed in an elaborate gown, Chu Bei Ya radiated an air of entitlement.

She stepped closer, her gaze fixed on the bolt of fabric in Hui Yan's hands.

Hui Yan maintained her composure, bowing slightly. "I apologize if I have caused any inconvenience, Lady Chu. I was not aware you had an interest in this fabric."

Chu Bei Ya's lips curled into a thin smile. "Of course you weren't. But now that you know, you can find something else."

Hui Yan looked at the fabric, then back at Chu Bei Ya.

She could see the determination in her rival's eyes and decided that this confrontation wasn't worth escalating.

Taking a deep breath, she released the bolt of emerald green silk and stepped aside.

"Very well, Lady Chu. I hope it brings you great joy." said Hui Yan.

Chu Bei Ya smirked, taking the fabric with a triumphant look. "It will, thank you."

As Hui Yan continued her search, she stumbled upon another bolt of fabric, this one in a deep, rich shade of emerald green.

It was not as luxurious as the first, but it was elegant in its own right.

She picked it up, examining the material closely.

The color was perfect, bringing out the vibrancy of her red hair and making her green eyes pop even more.