🌤️

Chapter 16 – Prince and Princess of Qin

The city market of the Linjiang Empire was alive with vibrant colors, the air filled with the mingling scents of exotic spices, fresh fruits, and sizzling street food.

Lanterns hung overhead, casting a warm, golden glow on the bustling crowd.

It was a place of joy and life, a stark contrast to the solemnity of the palace.

A week before his wedding, Sixth Prince Lixin, walked through the market with his bride-to-be, Hui Yan.

Dressed in simple clothes to blend in with the crowd, they moved through the lively streets hand in hand, their presence unnoticed by those around them.

Hui Yan looked around, her eyes sparkling with curiosity and delight.

"It's beautiful here," she said, her voice barely audible over the hum of the market. "I never knew the market could be so enchanting at night."

Lixin smiled, his gaze fixed on her.

"It's even more beautiful with you by my side," he replied, squeezing her hand gently.

They wandered through the market, sampling delicacies from the stalls and admiring the crafts on display.

As they reached the heart of the market, Lixin led Hui Yan to a quieter spot, a small garden illuminated by lanterns.

The noise of the market faded into a gentle murmur, creating an intimate cocoon around them.

Lixin turned to Hui Yan, his expression serious yet tender.

"There's something I want to do," he said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small, ornate box. "Before our wedding, I want us to share something special."

Hui Yan's eyes widened as she looked at the box, then back at Lixin. "What is it?"

"Vows," he replied, opening the box to reveal two delicate scrolls. "I want us to make a promise to each other, here and now, away from the formalities and the expectations. Just us, in this moment."

Tears glistened in Hui Yan's eyes as she took one of the scrolls.

"I would love that," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion.

They unrolled their scrolls, the soft rustle of parchment the only sound in the stillness of the garden.

Taking a deep breath, Lixin began to read.

"Hui Yan, from the moment I met you, I knew you were special. Your strength, your kindness, your unwavering spirit – they drew me to you. I promise to stand by your side, to support you in all things, and to cherish you every day. You are my heart, my light, and I vow to love you with every breath I take."

Tears slipped down Hui Yan's cheeks as she listened, her heart swelling with love.

When Lixin finished, she took a steadying breath and began to read her own vow.

"Lixin, you have shown me a love I never knew existed. Your courage, your gentleness, your steadfastness – they have become my foundation. I promise to walk beside you, to lift you up in times of sorrow, and to celebrate with you in times of joy. You are my home, my anchor, and I vow to love you with all that I am."

When she finished, Lixin hently wiped away her tears, his own eyes shining with unshed tears.

"Thank you," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion. "For your love, your promise, and for being mine."