Chapter XXV. FRI(END)S

= A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER =

It's Friday night, so you and Taehyung are busy cleaning up the apartment.

You had started the "Friday Family Food Fest" tradition the previous month, right after Seokjin and Yoongi had both permanently moved to Neo-Seoul. Seokjin managed to nab the job he had interviewed for, while Yoongi says he just wants a fresh start close to his newfound family. Jungkook is still in University, while Namjoon, Hobi, and Jimin are still all happily in their respective jobs.

"They'll start arriving any moment now!" you tell Taehyung, who is in the middle of fluffing up the bean bags that pepper the living room floor. As if on cue, you hear knocks on the door.

You open the door, and it's Seokjin, broad shoulders nearly filling out the doorframe. He lifts up a bag of what you see are fresh ingredients.

"Where do I put these?" he asks by way of greeting.

"The kitchen!" you tell him, "You're early, Seokjin-ah."

Your best friend rolls his eyes at you.

"I literally live down the hall, what do you expect?"

As Seokjin pushes past you into the apartment, you see Yoongi making his way down the hallway towards you.

"Hey," he says, and Taehyung peeks out into the hallway from behind you.

"Yoongi-hyung is early too!" he chirps.

Yoongi sighs.

"I cut my afternoon nap short for this," he grumbles as he heads straight for the kitchen, but he's not fooling anyone. The twin spots of pink on his cheeks betray his pleasure at being there.

You're just about to follow Yoongi when someone knocks on the door again. This time, it's Jungkook. Before you could even say anything, he gushes, "Yes, I know I'm early. I'm just so excited since it's Jin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung cooking tonight!"

"Ah, for some reason, I thought I would be the first to arrive," you hear someone say from behind Jungkook. You both turn towards the source of the voice and see Namjoon standing in the hallway, carrying what appears to be a chessboard.

"You're both just in time!" you say, "Come in!"

After a short while, Hobi arrives.

"I brought some beer!" he announces, lifting a six-pack, "And soju!" he adds, lifting an eco bag clinking with the sound of bottles, "I couldn't decide between the two, so I got both!"

You giggle and help him put the drinks in the fridge.

Jimin is the last to arrive. You open the door, and he immediately apologizes.

"I'm sorry I'm late again! I told my boss I had an appointment tonight, but he---"

"You're not late!" you tell him quickly because the poor thing looks near tears, "Seokjin and Yoongi have just started cooking. Come inside."

"Oh," Jimin says, smiling brightly, "I brought some apology mochi for dessert, but I guess they're just normal mochi now."

You usher Jimin in, who quickly joins Taehyung and Jungkook in the bean bag chairs, snatching up one of the game controllers. You look around in satisfaction at the seven boys scattered around your apartment.

'We're finally complete!'

You decide to help Seokjin and Yoongi out in the kitchen, while the maknaes play video games, and Namjoon and Hobi discuss smart people stuff. You're not great at cooking, but you can play sous chef and just do your best to assist the head chefs.