Curse Eighteen: Crossroads of Resolve

Violet and Gojo arrived at Junpei's modest house, the evening casting long shadows across the quiet neighborhood. They found the front door slightly ajar, a foreboding sign in the fading light. Stepping inside cautiously, Violet's trained senses immediately detected the unsettling stillness that hung in the air.

In the living room, Junpei sat on the floor with his head bowed, as if in silent prayer. The room was dimly lit by a single lamp, casting soft shadows that danced along the walls. A heaviness settled over Violet as she approached him, Gojo following closely behind.

"Junpei," Violet spoke softly, her voice breaking the silence.

Junpei looked up slowly, his eyes red-rimmed and filled with a sorrow that pierced Violet's heart. He didn't need to say anything—Violet could see the grief etched deeply into his young face.

"She's gone, isn't she?" Violet asked quietly, already knowing the answer.

Junpei nodded wordlessly, unable to speak. Violet knelt beside him, offering a comforting embrace that he accepted hesitantly at first, then with a desperate longing for solace. She was too late to save Junpei's mother.

"We're here for you, Junpei," Violet murmured, her voice thick with emotion.

Gojo stood nearby, his expression grave yet thoughtful. He knew the pain of losing someone dear all too well, and he understood the weight of the moment.

After a few moments of shared silence, Junpei spoke, his voice trembling with a mix of sorrow and gratitude. "Thank you... both of you... for coming."

Violet gently squeezed his shoulder, her resolve firming as she made a decision that felt right in her heart.

"Gojo," Violet began tentatively, "Junpei shouldn't be alone right now. Since we're living together, do you think he could stay with us for a while?"

Gojo considered her request thoughtfully, his fingers tapping lightly against his chin. "Hmm, that might not be the best idea, Violet. My apartment is... well, let's just say it's not the most kid-friendly place."

Violet nodded in understanding, though a hint of disappointment flickered in her eyes. "I see. Is there another option?"

Gojo brightened, a mischievous grin spreading across his face. "Actually, Jujutsu High has a boarding house for students. Everyone is staying there at the moment, to be honest. It's a safe and supportive environment, and Junpei can focus on his training without worrying about accommodations."

Violet's expression softened with relief. "That sounds perfect. Junpei, how do you feel about staying at Jujutsu High?"

Gojo stepped forward, his presence reassuring. "Junpei, there's something else. You have potential—a power that can protect others. How would you like to come to Jujutsu High and train as a Jujutsu Sorcerer?"

Junpei's eyes widened in disbelief, the weight of their offers sinking in. "You... you'd really do that for me?"

Violet smiled warmly at him. "We want to help you, Junpei. You're not alone in this."

Gojo nodded, his tone gentle yet firm. "I've seen Violet's strength and compassion firsthand. If she's offering to take care of you, it's because she believes in you."

Junpei looked between them, feeling a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness that threatened to overwhelm him. "I... I'll do it. I want to learn."

Violet's heart swelled with pride for Junpei's courage.

With plans set in motion for Junpei's future at Jujutsu High, Violet and Gojo began making arrangements.

-----

Violet was preparing the things Junpei needed for his stay at Jujutsu High while Gojo watched her silently. After a while, Gojo broke the silence.

"Violet, you handled that situation with Junpei really well."

Violet glanced at him, a hint of surprise in her eyes.

"Thank you, Gojo. I just wanted to do what was right for him."

"You have a way with people," Gojo continued, his voice sincere. "Your empathy and strength—it's what makes you such a great person."

Violet's cheeks tinged faintly with color at the unexpected praise. She had always valued Gojo's opinion, knowing his expertise and experience were formidable.

"Coming from you, that means a lot."

Gojo chuckled softly. "I mean it. Not everyone can handle these situations with such grace. Junpei will be in good hands with you guiding him."

Violet smiled gratefully. "I hope so. He's been through so much already."

"He'll learn a lot at Jujutsu High," Gojo remarked, his tone turning thoughtful. "And having you there for him... it'll make a difference."

Violet nodded, her thoughts drifting to the future and how they were successful at saving Junpei.

------

Violet and Gojo entered the classroom of Jujutsu High, where Megumi, Nobara, and Yuji were gathered, engrossed in discussions and practice scrolls. Junpei followed closely behind, feeling a mix of nervousness and anticipation in the presence of his new peers.

"Hey everyone," Gojo greeted cheerfully, drawing the attention of the trio. "I'd like you to meet Junpei. He'll be joining us here at Jujutsu High."

Megumi nodded in acknowledgment, his demeanor serious yet welcoming. Nobara offered a bright smile, sizing up Junpei with curiosity. Yuji, ever enthusiastic, bounded over with a grin.

"Nice to meet you, Junpei!" Yuji exclaimed, extending a hand. "I'm Yuji Itadori."

Junpei shook Yuji's hand, feeling a wave of relief at their friendly reception. "Thanks. I'm looking forward to it."

Before the conversation could deepen, Gojo's phone buzzed insistently, signaling an incoming message. He glanced at the screen, his expression shifting subtly as he read the notification from Nanami.

"What's going on, Gojo-sensei?" Megumi asked, noticing the change in his mentor's demeanor.

Gojo's gaze flickered to Violet briefly, concern evident in his eyes. "It's Nanami. He's engaged with Mahito right now."

Violet's eyes widened at the mention of Mahito, a ruthless cursed spirit responsible for so much suffering. She knew this was a chance—an opportunity to confront Mahito and put an end to his menace once and for all.

"Gojo," Violet spoke up, her voice steady and determined. "I need to get there. I can't let this opportunity slip away."