Prank

Marriage. What is marriage? Marriage is a contract between two people who are in love with each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. That was what marriage was supposed to be. Between two people, who are, in love.

But, this marriage between Fourth and Gemini is none other than a loveless engagement. Gemini knew that before they even signed the contract, but how could he refuse? This couldn't be considered a loveless engagement, but rather, a marriage which consists of a one-sided love. 

Yep, that's true. The reason why Gemini signed the contract and thus, the reason why he has stayed with Fourth for 3 years, despite the latter not having any feelings for him, is because Gemini loves Fourth. He has loved him since forever, and that is what gives him strength to stay in this loveless marriage, regardless of all the pain and suffering he has to endure alone. He is willing to bear it all for Fourth, as long as he gets to stay by Fourth's side, until death parts them. 

However, one day, due to a certain prank, it all began to change. For the worse, or perhaps for the best. <3

It was on a Sunday, and as usual Gemini would get to see his mother as she visits in the evening.

Even though Gemini was aware that Fourth did not love him, he still chose to give himself some hope to not give up and suffer that much. So, that's why before Gemini's mother arrived, he called his best friend, or maybe a twin from different parents, Phuwintang, to help him execute the plan. 

He asked Phuwin to go to the nearby store and buy a fake pregnancy test which would always result in double lines. Phuwin, due to not wanting his best friend to suffer alone, agreed to it effortlessly and bought the test, then went straight to Gemini's house. 

As soon as he arrived, Gemini immediately opened the door for Phuwin before he could even press the doorbell. 

~ It seems like he has been waiting ~

Phuwin immediately ran inside and gave his best friend a tight hug, expressing how much he missed him, "Mhm, Phuwin, what's up with you?"

Phuwin pouted, could he not hug his best friend? "Ao, I just missed you. Is it wrong if I hug you?"

Gemini chuckled while shaking his head, "No, it's fine bro." 

"Okay, let's get inside."

Phuwin followed Gemini into his room and gave him the test as soon as they got in Gemini's room. Gemini wore a bright smile on his face, cheeks slightly red, even though he knew this was just a fake pregnancy test, his heart was still beating fast for some reason.

"Thanks, bro. Could you wait for me in the living room? Just go eat some snacks or something, you can find them in the kitchen cabinet." Phuwin nodded and left to the kitchen because Gemini always had delicious delights in his kitchen.

About five to seven minutes later, Gemini came out of his room with the pregnancy test which showed double lines. Gemini didn't see Phuwin anywhere, so he thought the latter had left and just sat on the couch, waiting for his mother to arrive.

Not long after, Gemini's mother came and they exchanged hugs, Gemini loved hugging his mother because that's the only warmth he gets in life, other than the hugs from his best friend. "Mae... I missed you so much ☺️🥹"

"Oh, me too, son. Me too..." Gemini quickly led his mother to sit on the sofa, feeling giddy inside as he holds the pregnancy test behind his back. His mother sensed something and immediately asked, "What are you hiding, son?" 

Gemini took the pregnancy test and showed it to his mother. "Ta-da!"

Gemini's mother was shocked, he thought that Fourth and Gemini didn't love each other. No, no. He knew that Gemini loved Fourth, but he knew that Fourth didn't love Gemini. Well, that's what she thought but her mind changed as soon as she saw the positive pregnancy test.

"Son.. is this for real?!!" Gemini's mother teared up and Gemini felt bad, so he didn't plan to deceive his mother any longer, "Um.. mother, I'm sorry... I just wanted to make you happy, so I bought a fake pregnancy test.. I'm sorry... I just wanted you to be happy for once.."

Gemini's mother was even more shocked, she knew that her son loved her, but she didn't know he suffered this much. "Son.. Mom loves you, but you cannot do this. Playing this kind of prank makes me even more sad to see you suffering, son..."

That's when Phuwin ran to the living room, shouting "Gemini, YOU WANTED ME TO BUY A FAKE ONE???"

Shivers ran down Gemini's spine, "W-Well, is this not a fake one? 😨"

"No, Gemini! I thought you just wanted me to buy a real pregnancy test, so that's what I bought! I didn't knew you wanted me to buy a fake one!!" 

Soon, everyone froze from Phuwin's confession, "W-What.. this.. is real?"

Tears started welling up inside Gemini's eyes as he tried to fight them back, not wanting to show his mother his weak side. "n-no... This can't be... I've never.. he doesn't even..." 

Soon, Gemini fainted. His mother and Phuwin was worried like hell, immediately called an ambulance as they tried to wake Gemini up. 

~ Shit, what have happened... ~

A few hours later... 

"Ha... W-Where.. am I..?" Gemini fluttered his eyes open, scanning his surroundings. He tried to get up, but that's when a voice which would usually sound hoarse and rough, but sounded soft and delicate, made him freeze on the spot.

He didn't dare to look the side where the voice came from, because he was well aware who was by his side at this moment. Instead, he turned to the other side and pretended to get back to sleep, as he tries to fight back his tears. That's when the soft voice spoke again, "I.. know."

Gemini signed silently, he knew that either Phuwin or his mother have told the man about his condition. He couldn't do anything, except closing his eyes and try to regulate his breathing, as his eyes filled with tears. 

"Gemini.. I.. I know that you might think that I.. don't love you, but.. I just want you to know that what you see with your eyes is not the same as what is actually true.."

~ How could he say this? He clearly hates me..! ~

Gemini couldn't bear it anymore, he ran as fast as he could out of the room, to where his mother was standing and immediately hugged her as soon as he saw her, while Fourth chased after him. As he was running, he felt his tears stream down his cheeks, but he couldn't care anymore. 

He embraced his mother as tight as he could as he let his tears flow. Phuwin was there too, so he also hugged Gemini but he hugged Gemini's back. 

Gemini tried so hard to stand still, but he couldn't as his legs gave out and he fell to the floor, as his tears streamed down like a waterfall. His mother hugged him tighter and that's when Fourth arrived at the scene, looking so worried like he just received a report that said he was gonna die soon.