Fourth's Side

Fourth's POV:

What she said is...true.

I have been abandoned by my own parent when I was just a child. I should've had a better understanding on this topic, but I acted utterly intrusive and immature. 

Thinking that I could protect Gemini from a heartache, I ended up being the reason his heart broke. The reason he cries, the reason he breaks down and possibly, the reason he's having trust issues. If I wasn't as 'narcissistic' and 'egoistic' as I was in the past, perhaps I could've protected Gemini better? 

In the end, I became the monster I always swore to never be. I became something I once believed that I could dispose of of this world, a beast. A creature that doesn't deserve to live as he is the reason others are traumatized, terrified and even, heartbroken.

This realization made me speechless, while I stood straight before my own mother-in-law. Her words have made me gain another perspective, hers as she is the mother of the one I swore to never hurt and the one who witnessed her son getting broken over such a useless man as I.

I quickly lowered my head as I went over to the kitchen. My eyes were twitching as I had the urge to just take a knife and stab it right into my chest, feeling the pain that I made Gemini feel in his heart. Gemini's grandma saw me walking over to the kitchen sink and moved to the side, exiting the kitchen. 

Once she was out of the kitchen, she slid the door closed and left me alone in the kitchen as she probably walked over to the garden with Gemini's mother. 

While I, took the sponge used to wash the dishes and started rubbing away all the dirt on the plates that were just used by us for dinner. I looked at my left hand, which has been injured amidst the fight with that shithead D. Patchanon. It was bandaged messily, unlike the one Gemini did for me. 

The hand was now bandaged by me, who didn't care about the tidiness of my own self and just focused on bandaging it and avoiding bacteria from entering my body through the wound. To make myself feel worse for hurting someone I love, I would usually stab a knife through the bandage, making the wound bleed out once more and just leaving it like that as I continue on with my day. 

Now, it was no different except the sharpness of the knife. The knives here were all not quite as sharp as the one I kept by myself, but I managed to find a very sharp and long one hidden in the cupboard, possibly going to get thrown by grandma soon. The knife was even sharper than the one I used before, but the pain was still only mild. 

What made me satisfied was seeing the blood pour out and drench the bandage in fresh blood, turning the original white colour of the bandage into deep red. The feeling of being able to punish myself for being such a useless creature made me smile emotionlessly, as I carried on with washing the dishes. 

I didn't care about how much it could've hurt when the water washed over my wound that was bleeding out, but about the blood gushing out and staining the newly washed plates. 

I frowned as I reached inside my trousers pocket, taking out the unused bandage and a few plasters to secure it. I was mad at myself and aggressively tore off the bandage that was still wrapping tightly around my left hand, throwing it into the dustbin after wrapping it with a piece of used paper.