Injury

A few hours after the previous chapter where it ended in an intense battle between two powerful organizations...

A man, holding his bleeding hand, slowly walked inside his house after making sure that the other owner of the house, his husband, was not downstairs and fast asleep upstairs instead. Once stepping inside softly, trying to be as quiet as possible, the man gently closed the door. He practically tip-toed inside, wincing every now and then as he held tighter on his left hand which was injured and bleeding through the hand holding it.

Stepping into the kitchen, he looked around to make sure no one was in the kitchen. He tip-toed quietly over to the kitchen cabinet by the sink and opened it, revealing a first-aid kit. He let his feet stand firmly on the floor before reaching inside the cabinet, taking the first-aid kit out from the cabinet.

Forgetting that there was someone upstairs, he banged the first-aid kit harshly on the kitchen counter due to suddenly being hit by a burst of pain. He held his hand tightly onto his chest, cursing himself for making such a loud noise by suddenly letting go of the first-aid kit.

He turned his body swiftly but quietly, sighing in relief when he found no one by the staircase or in the hallways, "Shit, that was close..." He cursed himself silently, in his heart, for being such an idiot.

Suddenly, he frowned angrily, thinking back on what had happened earlier which led to the injury on his hand, which was bleeding continuously every now and then.

Flashback...

"Oh, I wouldn't dare~" D.P winked at Fourth, in a rather sinister way, as if he was planning something in his mind.

Fourth shrugged, frowning deeper than before, "I'm not asking you. I'm commanding you." Suddenly, he stood up, banging his hand on the table.

He startled everyone, especially D.P's bodyguards. They immediately went into protection mode, while Fourth and D.P only laughed halfheartedly. D.P raised his hand up before his guards, signaling them to hold back.

Fourth, conversely, looked over to Joong. Joong got the signal and immediately nodded to his juniors, telling them to attack when the signal was given by Fourth. In a split second, all of Fourth's bodyguards were on standby and the ones who were weaker all stood behind Joong, waiting for their leader's command.

Laughing with an evil touch in his voice, D.P stood up in front of his guards, the hands he placed behind his back gave the signal, thinking that he did all that without Fourth knowing. Actually, Fourth did find out that D.P was secretly plotting behind his back but it was too late, when one of D.P's guards stabbed a knife through his hand, while Joong and his juniors were fighting the other bodyguards.

They were outnumbered. The number of bodyguards who were on D.P's side were far more than the number of Fourth's bodyguards who were at the base. The only ones left behind were weaker juniors, who were led by Joong, who were left behind by the stronger heads of Fourth who were sent out to other missions.

Even when having an injury and being outnumbered, Fourth didn't give up and kept fighting. Even in pain, he kept fighting D.P's guards, because in his mind, all he wanted to do was get back home quickly. In order to get back home quickly and be there for Gemini as soon as possible, Fourth didn't stop to rest because he knew that if he did, he would be wasting more time.

Luckily, the back up that Fourth called before getting to the base managed to get here on time. Dunk, Fourth's partner in crime and Joong's lover came in, banging his leg hard on the door. He came rushing in with dozens of guards behind him, successfully beating D.P's guards who were getting out of control with beating Fourth's team up.