Avoidance After Consolation

The next morning, Gemini woke up with his eyes heavy, due to crying too much last night. (Our GemGem 😭) Despite it being a Tuesday, Gemini was allowed to take a medical leave from work since he was just discharged from the hospital yesterday morning and he was still having some after effects. He was still having a headache, so he decided that he would not wake up early today and instead chose to sleep till about 8 or 9 am. 

However, it seems nature had other plans for Gemini as it denied the permission for him to sleep longer. The sunlight passing through the glass balcony doors shone on his face, demanding him to wake up as early as 6:30 a.m in the morning despite having a piercing headache.

He grunted in frustration while holding his hands around his head. It was hurting so much that it felt like his head was being cut into two. Opening his eyes, others could clearly see that he was on the verge of tears despite his eyes already feeling heavy by the amount of tears he shed last night. Luckily, there was no one in the room who could see this sight of him right now. 

Suddenly, he remembered how Fourth had hugged him to sleep last night and he suddenly felt extremely shy and embarrassed. His cheeks were turning red, bur his lips curled up in happiness. After three years of marriage, Fourth finally showed some of his feelings out for Gemini, and even boldly barged into Gemini's room just to comfort him when he had heard Gemini crying even though he was just kicked out or the room. Gemini's heart started beating very quickly, making it hard for him to go back to sleep even if he insisted on going back to sleeping, ignoring the nature's command. 

He slowly sat up from the sleeping position he was in earlier while stretching his body. He yawned from being tired, seemingly forced by God to wake up earlier than he had planned. He looked around, his lower body was being covered by a thick comforter which was black in colour. The comforter was made of the purest and finest cotton so it felt like he was laying in a big puff of clouds. Fourth's comforter! He had used this countless times in the past when Fourth secretly went into his room to cover Gemini up with a thicker comforter since Gemini's blanket was too thin and the wind blowing from the air-conditioner was frigid, leading to Gemini shuddering in coldness in the night sometimes. 

He pulled the comforter around his shoulders, covering his whole body with it while sitting on the bed and stretching his legs out. The comforter was big enough for two or three people so his whole body was entirely covered. What was more important was that the comforter was Fourth, so it was filled with his pheromones and it was extremely snug and well furnished. 

"Mhm.." He hummed in surprise and satisfaction upon burying his head in the thick and cosy comforter, inhaling Fourth's pheromones which were enticed within each wool the comforter was made of.

While doing so, he subconsciously fluttered his eyes closed. Burying himself in a field of lemongrass and dandelions, letting it carry him into a world of comfort. They were greeting him a 'good morning' with their pleasingly strong smell. 

With the comforter still wrapped intactly around his body, Gemini got off the bed slowly and stood up, balancing himself on the floor before taking small steps to the door. Standing outside the door, he managed to peek inside Fourth's room like he did every morning. Seeing that Fourth's room, as usual, did not contain the owner in it, he concluded that Fourth had already went to work early as he always did. 

Gemini slowly walked over to the stairs. He tried to take small steps down the stairs, but his head kept spinning while it was still twitching in pain, making it difficult for him to get even one step down the stairs. Forcing himself, he took one step down the stairs and almost fell backwards. Luckily, before his back hit the ground, Fourth came rushing from the kitchen and successfully caught him in time.