As His Partner 🌹

"Nattawat. I will go...with you the event, is that fine?" Uttered by a young man in a low voice, shaken and halted temporarily by the fear of rejection before the full sentence was finished. 

Entirely expecting a 'no' in return, him who asked to tag along to an event was pleasantly startled when his partner agreed without a second thought. His sharp, glaring eyes opened widely in surprise when he heard the reply, making him look like a cute cat who was caught stealing fish from the market.

"Of course, Gemini. Anything you want, I'll provide. I was afraid you would feel uncomfortable going to an event held for her, even my mother will be there too. However, it seems I underestimated you and made you feel bad. I'm sorry, I would love it if you'd come with me." Fourth's eyes squinted slightly in joy as he rubbed his forehead against his husband's. The warmth that resonated from the two figures embracing each other tightly, lingered between one another.

His tone was as gentle as the wind, as he tried his best not to irritate his beloved. His hand which was placed on Gemini's waist rubbed softly, making Gemini feel comfortable due to developing some back pain recently since the bump on his stomach was getting larger. Telepathically, Fourth could always sense the hurt Gemini was feeling from his back and constantly massaged the latter's waist to make him feel better. 

Syncing with Fourth's movement, Gemini closed his eyes as he leaned forward. Relaxing in the embrace of a man who swore to adore him, his own arms held firmly against Fourth's chest. Holding on to something as a sense of comfort and security, feeling insecure in the face of what people would call 'perfection'.

Undeniably, what Fourth had said earlier was accurate to the very point. Yes, Gemini would feel worthless in front of someone who his husband has spent more time loving as compared to the time Fourth has spent on him. It couldn't be avoided considering Gemini who was originally sassy and confident had become hesitant and doubtful whenever someone else was mentioned. Especially those who share history with Fourth, unfortunately as his husband's past lover or acquaintance. 

As if reading Gemini's mind, Fourth caressed the cheek of the angel in front of him as he enquired him further. "Gem. What is it, is something not right? Did I say or do something wrong?" 

Feeling small under Fourth's watchful gaze, Gemini turned his head away as he mumbled something under his breath. Hoping the other person only heard the first half. "No, it's not you.. I guess it's your mom.."

Naturally having a strong hearing, Fourth's concern and care doubled increasingly at the mention of an overbearing woman. Did his mother meet with Gemini again to disturb his mind? When did she do so, if every time Gemini went outside Fourth was sure to follow along with him? 

Taking an indirect approach at the issue, Fourth tried to address the problem delicately. Afraid of aggravating or hurting the other's seemingly heart made of glass which felt like it could shatter even with the slightest touch. "Um, Gem.. that, did someone bother you recently?"

Gemini shook his head in disagreement but the expression on his face claimed otherwise. "W-well, no. Not really.."

For a split second, Fourth was unsure what to do in a situation like this but quick enough, he thought of a way. He turned his head sideways and leaned his ear forward towards Gemini. "Here, you can whisper in my ears. No one will hear it, hmm? Only I will be able to know what's happening.. is that better?"