Chapter 1

I woke up early in my cozy apartment, the soft morning light reflecting through the curtains, and the sound of birds chirping outside my window was a reminder that another day had begun.

I stretched, feeling the familiar tension in my muscles from last night.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and padded across the floor to the bathroom. My reflection stared back at me from the mirror-dark black, ocean blue eyes, and my hair's in loose waves around my face.

I'm Morgan Winsley, 22 years old. I graduated college 2 years ago.

While I was taking a shower I kept on thinking about my past experiences.

Growing up from a chaotic household, it wasn't easy to deal with things all alone. It was a rough ride for me to arrive here, in my dream destination. It took time and energy to become this bold for my career.

I still remember those nights where I stayed up late just to read my text books, study hard, and cried myself to sleep in the same apartment that I was in right now.

I have to maintain my marks because I value my full scholarship a lot since my parents can't send me to college, and I hate to admit that they don't even care, not even once.

I took masters in psychology right after I graduated and luckily I passed the board 5 months ago.

I got out of the shower feeling refreshed.

I dressed in my professional attire-a fitted blouse and skirt that exuded confidence. I applied a touch of makeup, enhancing my features without overwhelming them.

Today I have and appointment with my new patient, Hannah Gregor.

I made my way to the kitchen to brew a cup of coffee. I savored the bittersweet taste of it. While enjoying the smell of its rich aroma, I prepared a simple breakfast just a toasted bread with margarine on top.

I sat by the window, watching the city come to life, my mind already ticking over the questions I would ask Hannah, the strategies I would employ to help her open up and reveal the depths of her trauma.

With my notebook and pen tucked into my shoulder bag, I locked the door behind me and stepped out into the crisp morning air.

The walk to my therapy clinic was a short one, just a few blocks away, and I enjoyed the opportunity to clear my mind and focus on the tasks ahead.

The city was bustling with people heading to work. When I arrived at the clinic, I greeted my receptionist, Fielle, with a nod and made my way to my office.

The space was designed to be calming and inviting, with soft lighting, comfortable chairs, and refined artwork on the walls.

I arranged my notes on the desk, ensuring everything was in place for my session with Hannah.

A few minutes later, Fielle buzzed in to let me know Hannah had arrived. I took a deep breath, centering myself, and then opened the door to welcome her in.

Hannah was a petite woman, she has dark circles under her eyes and I can sense a nervous energy coming from her.

She glanced around the room, hesitant, before taking a seat.

"Good morning, Hannah," I said, offering a reassuring smile.

"I'm Dr. Winsley. It's nice to meet you."

"Good morning," she replied softly, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "Thank you for seeing me on such short notice."

"Of course. I'm here to help," I assured her.