Chapter 14

My obsessions had a ticking clock, and every passing moment brought me closer to an unyielding deadline.

It was already 8:00 PM, and I found myself staring at my desk, feeling the day's weight pressing down on me. 

My book, "Games You Don't Know About," was more than just a project—it was my life's work, my manifesto.

I had to finish it, and to do that, I had to complete my targets. Shawn and Theodore were already in my net, but five more pieces were missing from this puzzle, and I had to figure out who could be a good subject for it.

I sighed deeply. 

"Clive Adams" I whispered to myself.  "Yes, Clive!" I exclaimed.

He could be one of my subjects, an addition to my list. 

Our brief interactions had already given me a glimpse into his character. He was a man who valued integrity and responsibility, and his dedication with his work ethic masked a man who was constantly striving not just for himself but also for his loved once. Clive was not driven by power or wealth, but by a desire to be better, to do better. 

"His personality type might be the Delta Male." I whispered to myself.

I wrote his name in my draft notebook.

I stood and traipsed around my office thinking where I could find men that belongs to the other five category of male types. I can't remember anyone that I've interacted with who has the same behavior as the men that I'm looking for. Maybe I do but I don't think they are fit to being a subject.

Wait- Herberto might help me with this! 

I rushed to grab my phone and call him.

"Hello? My Morgan! It's been a while dear, what's up queen?" He asked as soon as he picked my phone call.

"I need four more men to be part of my subject. But I'm too busy to figure them out all alone so I thought you could help me." I said straightly as bite my nails.

"Girl, you know I always got you! Send me what type of men you need, and I'll send it back right away girl, you came to the right person," he said with enthusiasm in his voice. 

Herbies literally is a person who knows quite a lot, he could be a great detective if he wants to.

"I'll send it right away Herbs, thank you this means a lot to me." I said showing appreciation toward his willingness to help.

"That's what besties are for! Ayay, captain! I'll wait for the file." He said with optimism in his tune. 

I dropped the call and immediately turned my laptop on and sent him every detail and personality of every man that I needed. 

I leaned my back in my swivel chair, I needed to unwind, to clear my head the, and a night walk might help me to ease the pressure that I'm feeling right now.

I stood and grabbed my coat, stepping out into the cool night air feels so refreshing. 

The city was still bustling, but there was a calmness to the evening that I found comforting. 

As I walked through the park, the gentle rustling of leaves and the distant sounds of the city created a serene atmosphere. I made my way to the empty swings, and I took a seat, gently swaying back and forth. The rhythmic motion was soothing, allowing my mind to wander.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard footsteps approaching. I looked up and saw a figure in a hoodie walking towards me. There was something familiar about the way he moved, the way he carried himself. As he got closer, I realized it was Clive.