Chapter 22

Clive

I stood outside Morgan's clinic, the takeout bag warm in my hand. I hesitated for a moment gathering myself to have courage.

"Hi, Clive. Is there any delivery?" I was greeted by Fhielle, as she opened the door.

"Yes," I replied, trying to keep my voice casual. "For Morgan."

"I see," she nodded. " But, She's in a session right now, you can leave it to me if you're rushing." 

"Actually, I'm not rushing, can I just wait? I also have something to tell her."

"Tell what?" She asked with curiosity while scanning the folder in her hand.

"Uh- just some of her orders." 

"Surely," she gestured her hand to the waiting area.

"Thanks."

I took a seat, my eyes wandering around the room as I tried to calm my nerves.

"Hmm... you come here often, I can tell something is up with you." Fhielle said right after I made myself comfortable on my seat.

"N-nothing, I just you know— delivers." I said stuttering.

"Ohhhh, if you say so..." She shook his head with a smile flashing in her lips.

"Yeah..." I said she just arched her shoulders and continued scanning some papers on her table.

I waited in silence.

After a few minutes, the door to Morgan's office opened, and a man with brown eyes stepped out.

He glanced at me briefly before making his way to the exit.

"You can enter the room now Clive." Fhielle said giving me an okay sign in her thumb.

I stood up and approached Morgan's office, I knocked lightly on the door.

"Come in," Morgan's voice called from inside.

I opened the door and stepped in, greeted by Morgan's warm smile. "Hi, Clive. What brings you here?"

"Here's an order for you," I said, holding out the takeout bag. 

She looked at me in confusion, "I didn't order anything."

I placed the bag on her desk and took a step back.

"It's from an anonymous admirer," I said, trying to sound nonchalant.

Morgan raised an eyebrow.

"Anonymous, huh?"

"Yes, I guess you have a secret admirer."

"Well, please thank this anonymous admirer for me." She said showing me her playful smile tugging at her lips.

"Will do," I replied, my heart swelling at the sight of her smile.

"I..." I uttered.

"What is it?" She asked putting the paper bag on her desk.

"N-nothing, I— have to go." I excused myself, feeling both satisfied and anxious.

I wanted to tell her that the food was from me, that I cared about her more than she might realize. But for now, this small gesture would have to do.