Chapter 16

Morgan

I made a black coffee and sat beside my apartment window, I just woke up but my thoughts from last night were swirling like the coffee in my mug.

Suddenly, a knock on the door pulled me off from thinking.

I placed her mug on the table and walked over, opening the door and it was Herberto, he had a folder clutched in his hand. 

"Good morning bestie!" He greeted with a smile.

"Woah you came so early!" I said setting aside allowing him to enter.

"Of course, duh!" He said sarcastically and walked towards the fridge. "I'm hungry what do you have here?"

"Don't tell me you haven't eaten breakfast before coming here?"

"Girl, you cooked chicken adobo, but you never told me?" He said as he saw the leftovers. "Are we really friends? Never mind." I just rolled my eyes at him teasingly.

"That's from last night girl you can re-heat that if you want to eat." I said, gently grabbing the folder from his hands.

"What's this?" I asked, curiosity piqued.

"Names," Herberto replied. "Potential subjects for your book. I did some digging and found a few people who might interest you."

I flipped open the folder, skimming through the names and brief profiles. Herberto had indeed done his work. 

"Thank you," Morgan said, looking up at him. "This is exactly what I needed!" 

"I know right!" He said crossing his arms arching his eyebrows.

"Oh, I have something to tell you! About Shawn. But make me a coffee first before I spill the tea." He demanded and sat on the couch. I did take a sip from my coffee before making him one.

"Here madam!" I said teasingly.

"Thanks, my made." 

"How dare you!" I exclaimed.

"So, here's the tea, he's under a lot of stress right now. The company's facing some serious problems." He leaned his back on the couch sipping his coffee. 

"Yeah, I heard about that." I nodded as I sat in the other side of the couch slantly facing him. 

"Our system was hacked, and we still haven't been able to trace the source. It's putting a lot of pressure on Shawn." He added. "And guess what! It's your chance to meet your other subjects!" 

"Yeah, that's exactly what I thought of." I agreed.

We started going over the profiles in the folder, each name was discussed in detail. 

"So, first in the list, he's  Khaizer Yap, 24 years old, 6'5ft tall, a Chinese-Filipino, he loves partying, creative and adventurous, he loves to travel, loud and bombastic." He said pointing the paper. Not gonna lie he's good looking and masculine, I wonder what type of male category he belongs, I can't determine that yet because I haven't met him.

"Next, he's Zion Fuentes, 24 years old, 6'8ft tall, an American-Filipino, I don't know him personally, but he sings, he's handsome, and cool." He shrugged.

"On this side, he's Gil Martine, 23 years old, 6'6ft tall, an Australian-Italian, he's confident, has morals, an entrepreneur, in fact he's one of Shawn's business partners." 

"Oh, cool, but what if there will be conflicts knowing that Shawn and he are allies?" I asked.

"No girl, trust me, they are partners but somewhat mortal enemies."