Chapter 10

Morgan

I can sense that Shawn's apology is genuine but despite forgiving him I will keep the mystery in me, to set him up in my intriguing personality facade.

A study has shown that if you play tricks, you'll create this psychological appeal that makes you attractive and intriguing. People's minds are wired differently especially when facing the unknown, our brains automatically get hooked, eager to solve the mystery, because we have to feed that curiosity.

The sound of the helicopter blades spinning through the air filled my ears as we soared above the coastline. Shawn sat beside me, his hand resting gently on my tights. Shawn had been secretive about our destination, only telling me that he wanted to take me somewhere special.

"Enjoy the view Morgan," he said as he winks. I just smiled at him.

The view from up here was breathtaking, the ocean below us shimmers in the touching the light. I couldn't help but feel a mix of joy and excitement. 

We were just enjoying our own company in silence. I can sense that his mind is preoccupied so I didn't tried to  bother him. As the helicopter landed, I caught my first glimpse of the island. It was a lush, green paradise, surrounded by crystal-clear waters. The beach has golden white sand and it looks so facinating, while dense forest covered the rest of the island. 

"Shawn where are we?" I asked. 

The helicopter touched down on a small landing pad near the mansion, and Shawn helped me out, his hand warm and steady. 

"Welcome to Housel's private island." He replied smiling.

"You own this?" I was shocked for a moment, this place is a pure beauty.

"It would be cringe if I'll tell you that we own this." He teasingly said.

"Yeah, so cringe." I rolled my eyes jokingly I won't deny that I felt special.

" Saw-saw! Kinagagalak kong makita ka ulit! Ang gwapo-gwapo mo na!"

(Saw-saw! I'm glad to see you! You looked so handsome!) A woman in her mid 50's shouted running towards us. 

"Nanny, Rita! I missed you!" Shawn opened his arms widely and hugged the woman.

"Na miss din kita Saw ko!" (I missed you too my Saw!).

Saw-saw? Maybe its Shawn's fancy nickname. Cute.

Shawn always has a pretentious look, but for some reason he seemed so pure and gentle at this moment. I know humans have different personality, but I wasn't expecting that he'll let me see this side of him- sweet and loving.

"Nanny, this is Morgan my soon to be girlfriend. Morgan, my Nanny." He suddenly introduced me washing my thoughts away.

"Uh- hello po!" I uttered.

"Ang ganda mo naman, lalo na ng mga mata mo, parang dagat." 

(You're so pretty, especially those eyes of yours they looked like the ocean.) She complimented me.

I was speechless for a second, I remembered my mother used to compliment me with the same exact phrases she just said.

"Thankyou, I appreciate it." I said smiling.

"Tara na at para makapag pahinga na kayo." (Let's go so that you both can rest.) 

We followed her, nestled among the trees, I could see a pristine mansion.