Chapter 17

I stood in front of the mirror, carefully applying my makeup.

I could hear Herberto in the living room, the rustle of his jacket as he checked his appearance.

"You ready, girl?" Herberto called out, his voice carrying a mix of excitement and determination.

"Almost," I replied, applying the final touch of mascara. 

I stepped back and took a look at my reflection.

The black dress I wore were fitted in my figure, the lace details added a touch of elegance, and my hair was curled loosely over my shoulders. 

I wanted to make an impression tonight, to blend into the vibrant scene at the club while still standing out enough to catch Zion's eye.

I joined Herberto in the living room, he looked sharp in a tailored suit, his eyes reflecting the same determination I felt. 

"Herbies, you should wear dress too! That suit is too masculine vibe." I encouraged him teasingly.

"Ew! I'm gay but I don't have to let everyone know!" He said defensively, I just laughed.

"Whatever! Let's go!" He just gave me a nod.

The club was already buzzing with energy when we arrived, the low hum of conversations mixed with the rhythmic beats of the music. Neon lights illuminated the space, casting vibrant colors across the place, and the air smelled a mixture of scents weed, perfume, and the faint hint of alcohol. 

We made our way to the bar, ordering drinks to blend in with the crowd.

"Zion's performing in about fifteen minutes," Herberto said, glancing at the stage.

I nodded, taking a sip of my drink. "Let's find a good spot."

We maneuvered through the crowd, finding a table with a clear view of the stage. 

"I'm so excited!" I exclaimed.

"Me too! We should have fun tonight," he said but I could barely hear him because of the loudness in the background.

As the lights dimmed, a hush fell over the crowd. 

A man stepped onto the stage with an air of effortless charisma, he might be Zion.

His outfit was a perfect blend of casual and stylish, he wore a black leather jacket with the sleek material glistening under the stage lights.

The jacket was unzipped just enough to reveal a fitted white t-shirt underneath, he also had a silver pendant hung from a chain, catching the light with every movement, its simplicity contrasting sharply with the edginess of his outfit.

His dark jeans were slightly distressed, it's not fitted but also not too loose, allowing him to move freely.

He gives off a rugged, lived-in look that added to his overall charm, and on his feet, he wore a pair of well-worn combat boots.

Zion's hair fell in tousled waves around his face, adding to his laid-back appeal. His eyes were deep and expressive, seemed to hold a world of stories, drawing people in with their intensity.

 As he strummed his electric guitar the crowd were going wild and crazy.

"Damn, the intro is familiar..." Herberto said as he sipped on his wine glass.

"I love this song!" I exclaimed.

The song was Die for You by The Weeknd (You can click the video attached above.)