Chapter 24

Khaizer

Morgan took the phone from my hand, her brows furrowing as she examined it closely. The girl in the picture was young, with strikingly familiar eyes resembling the ocean blue.

"That's you remember?" I asked smiling at her.

Morgan shook her head slowly. "No, I don't. It's just familiar."

"Look closer," I urged, feeling a knot of tension forming in my stomach. "That girl... she's you, Morgan."

Her eyes widened in shock, and she looked up at me, confusion written all over her face. "What are you talking about, Khaizer? This can't be me. I don't remember ever being at the scene of an accident, and I haven't been in TV ever since."

I could see the panic starting to set in, and I reached out to gently squeeze her hand. "I know it's hard to believe, but I was there to check my brother's car and I remember seeing you. You were so composed, so focused on reporting the accident."

Morgan shook her head again, more vehemently this time. "No, this doesn't make any sense. How could I have been there and not remembering any of it?"

Before I could say anything more, her eyes rolled back, and she collapsed. Panic surged through me as I caught her, cradling her limp form in my arms.

"Morgan? Morgan, are you okay?!" I called out, my voice shaking.

Without wasting another second, I scooped her up and carried her to my car, carefully placing her in the passenger seat. I drove as fast as I could to the nearest hospital.

"Shit." I murmured while speeding up.

At the hospital, I rushed her inside, shouting for help. Nurses and doctors quickly surrounded us, taking Morgan from my arms and wheeling her away on a gurney. I was left standing there, helpless and terrified. I ran back in my car to check her phone inside her bag. I have to let her family know that she's in the hospital.

I'm glad her phone doesn't have a password so it's easy for me to open it. I clicked her contacts and there were only few people registered in it. 

I immediately called the one who's pinned in her contacts, Bestie Herbs.

"Hello, this is Morgan's friend she's at the hospital now. She fainted." I said right after he picked up the call.

"What? I'll be there in a minute." 

I hung up then paced to the waiting room. What happened to her? Why had she fainted so suddenly? I couldn't shake the image of her lying unconscious in my arms, her face pale and lifeless.

After what felt like an eternity, a doctor approached me. "Hello, sir. She's stable now. It appears she fainted due to extreme stress and shock. We've run some tests, but we won't know more until she wakes up."

"Can I see her?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

The doctor nodded and led me to her room. Morgan was lying in the hospital bed, her face peaceful yet fragile. I sat down beside her, taking her hand in mine.

"Morgan, I'm so sorry," I whispered. "I didn't mean to overwhelm you. I just... thought you remembered."

I stayed by her side, holding her hand and praying for her to wake up. 

Hours passed, and I couldn't bring myself to leave. My thoughts were consumed with guilt and fear. Had I pushed her too hard? Had I done more harm than good by showing her that photo?