Chapter 13

My stomach growled and I realized I hadn't eaten anything for breakfast yet. I picked up my phone, opened the Food Panda app, and browsed through the options. After a few moments, I ordered rice with eggs, and bacon, along with a latte.

After less than ten minutes of waiting, the doorbell chimed, and I looked up to see Clive standing there with my order. Clive, the delivery guy who had become a familiar face over the past few weeks, flashed me a warm smile.

"Good morning, Dr. Winsley," Clive greeted, handing me the paper bag.

"Good morning, Clive. Thank you," I replied, returning his smile. "How's your day going?"

"Busy as usual," he said with a chuckle. "But I enjoy it. Keeps me on my toes."

"I can imagine. It must be fun delivering food to different people all day." I spoke.

"It is," he agreed. "And it's always nice to see a friendly face like yours."

I felt a slight blush creep up my cheeks at his compliment. "That's sweet of you to say."

There was something genuinely refreshing about Clive's company, his easygoing nature providing a stark contrast to the often-intense atmosphere of my clinic.

Just as Clive was about to leave, the door swung open, and Shawn walked in, carrying a large bag of takeout. His expression shifted the moment he saw Clive, eyes narrowing slightly.

"Looks like you've got more food coming your way, I'll go now Morgan," Clive said.

"Thank you, Clive. Take care," I replied, watching as he left.

Shawn's presence seemed to fill the room as he approached, setting the bag down on my desk.

"Hi Morgan," he said, his voice tinged with a hint of possessiveness. "I bought you something to eat but it seemed like someone had bought it first."

I looked at the bag and then back at him, sensing the tension in the air. "That's very thoughtful of you, Shawn."

He glanced at the paper bag from Food Panda, a flicker of irritation crossing his face. "I see. Who was that guy?"

"Just the delivery man," I replied, trying to keep my tone neutral. "We were just chatting."

Shawn's eyes lingered on the door Clive had exited through before returning to me. "Okay, he seemed nice."

I raised an eyebrow at his possessive tone. "Yes, he is. He's just doing his work."

"I know, but-" he trailed off, looking slightly sheepish.

I sighed, not wanting to escalate the situation. "Why don't we sit and have breakfast together? You brought all this food- it would be a shame to let it go to waste."

Shawn's expression softened a bit, and he nodded.

"Alright, haven't you eaten some breakfast yet?" I shrugged.

We unpacked the takeout, setting out an array of dishes on the small table in my office. There was pasta, burgers, scrambled eggs, and even a couple of smoothies. It was clear that Shawn had gone all out, and I couldn't help but appreciate the effort.

As we ate, I tried to steer the conversation away from Clive and onto lighter topics. We talked about work, our plans for the weekend, and even shared a few laughs. But I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered between us. Shawn's jealousy was something I needed to address, but I wasn't sure how to do it without causing a scene.