(10) The Mole

Levi Ackerman, the stoic and methodical underboss of the Survey Corps Mafia, had always prided himself on his keen sense of judgment and unwavering dedication to the organization. In recent weeks, however, his focus had been diverted by a pressing and unsettling task: uncovering the identity of the mole who had infiltrated their ranks.

The Underboss had been meticulously gathering information, sifting through countless documents, and interviewing members, all while maintaining a facade of normalcy. His interactions with [Y/N] had become strained and distant, a necessary precaution to avoid arousing suspicion. Yet, despite his stern resolve, he couldn't help but notice the pang of regret that accompanied their brief exchanges. He used to watch her almost every night, arrow after arrow. She had grown on him, and it looks like her sharp mind and determination have shot an arrow through his usually impenetrable heart.

In the dim light of his office, Levi pored over a series of reports, his sharp eyes scanning every detail for inconsistencies. His instincts had led him to this moment, and now he held the incriminating evidence in his hands. The coded messages intercepted, the financial discrepancies, and the hidden communications all pointed to one conclusion. His hands trembled slightly as he re-read the damning evidence. He had always harbored a sense of suspicion towards him, given his past affiliations to the police, but to see his fears confirmed was a blow he hadn't fully anticipated. With his fiery determination and unyielding spirit, he had become an integral part of the mafia, earning the trust and respect of his comrades. The betrayal cut deep.

Levi's investigation had not been without its darker moments. Interrogations had turned into tortures, and information was extracted through pain and fear. One of the captured spies, a trembling and battered man, had finally cracked under Ackermann's relentless pressure. Bloodied and broken, he had whispered the words that shattered the black haired man's last remnants of hope.

"I-it's that Titan shifter... he's the mole," the spy had gasped, his eyes widening in terror and relief as he revealed the truth. Levi's heart had skipped a beat, the confirmation hitting him like a physical blow.

It had been a few days since [Y/N]'s heartfelt moment with Hange, and she was beginning to find her place within the team again. Although Mr. Stoic was still unable to train her due to a secret mission that kept him occupied, the young hacker aka archer was determined to continue improving her skills. She was surprised but pleased when she found out that Reiner Braun, one of the strongest members of the Corps, had volunteered to take over her self-defense training.

The first session took place in the spacious training room of their headquarters, not needing to go to the east wing for the self-defense lesson. Reiner stood in the center of the room, his muscular frame and serious expression making him an imposing figure. [Y/N] felt a mix of nervousness and anticipation as she approached him, ready to begin.

"Alright, [Y/N]," Reiner said, his voice deep, "We're going to focus on self-defense techniques. It's important to be able to protect yourself in any situation, but especially for Black Cargo."

[Y/N] nodded, a fiery gaze in her eyes. "I'm ready, Reiner. Let's do this."

The blond gave her a small, encouraging smile. "Good. First, we'll start with some basic moves to get you warmed up." They began with simple drills—blocking, dodging, and counter-attacking. Reiner demonstrated each move with precision and patience, ensuring [Y/N] understood the mechanics before allowing her to try it herself. His instructions were clear, his demeanor calm and supportive.

As the training session progressed, the tall man pushed her harder, increasing the intensity of the drills. The young woman struggled at first, her movements hesitant and unsure. But with each correction and encouragement from her new mentor, she began to improve, her confidence growing.