𓃭 Feast of Heroes 𓃭

꒰ ୨୧ ─ ・┈ ・ ─ ・┈ ─ ・┈ ─ ・┈ ꒱꒱

''Thank goodness!''

As the ships returned to the harbor, the atmosphere was filled of relief, exhaustion, and jubilation. The women who had been held captive waved eagerly from the ship's deck, their faces radiant with newfound freedom. Some were crying tears of joy as they spotted their families waiting on the shore. They embraced their loved ones tightly, tears streaming down their cheeks, overwhelmed with happiness.

[Y/N] stood quietly at the bow of the Survey Corps' ship, watching the heartwarming scene unfold before her. Her expression was serene and deeply moved, a sweet smile gracing her lips as she rested her head on her hands. [E/C] eyes shimmered with unshed tears, reflecting the emotions swirling within her—consolation that the ordeal was finally over, gratitude for their safe return, and a quiet pride in what they had accomplished together.

After the archer stepped down from the boat, Eren approached her and his best friend Armin with a warm smile, relief evident in his eyes.

"[Y/N], Armin, Mikasa, I'm glad you're all right," Eren said sincerely, his gaze shifting briefly to include Mikasa, who stood close by.

Next to Eren, Jean and Connie joined in the reunion. Connie, eyeing Jean and Eren with a mock scowl, remarked, "You guys don't have a single scratch on you. I hate you."

Jean's gaze fell upon Armin and [Y/N], his expression shifting from one of ease to one of concern as he took in their bruised and disheveled appearances. "But you two..." he trailed off, the words hanging in the air as his eyes widened in shock. Upon closer inspection, their faces were filled with bruises.

[Y/N] offered a half-smile, which looked more like a wince, as if she'd found humor in the torture they'd just endured. Her disheveled hair and the smudges of dirt on her cheeks only added to the comedic nature of the situation, which she seemed to be the only one to find amusing. Armin stared back at the soldier with his characteristic calmness, despite the marks that covered his face.

Eren's smile grew thinner, his eyes darkening as he looked over the group of mercenaries who were tied up, kneeling on the ground. The rage bubbling beneath his surface was palpable. His fists clenched and unclenched at his sides, and his body was coiled like a spring, ready to pounce. The mercenaries shuffled nervously, glancing up at the towering shadows cast by Eren and Jean.

"You dare lay a hand on them?" Eren's voice was low and dangerous. The tied men had the good sense to look terrified.

Jean's expression matched the brown haired man's fury, his eyes narrowing into slits as he took a step forward, cracking his knuckles. "What kind of lowlife messes with the people we care about?"

The scene unfolded with a strange mix of tension and humor, as Eren and Jean exacted a bit of rough justice, much to the amusement and cheers of their comrades who watched from a safe distance. The two men landed well-placed punches and kicks, all the while bantering in a mix of threatening and sarcastic remarks. But Mikasa stepped forward, her dark eyes surveyed Eren and Jean, their forms radiating anger and readiness for more action.

"Calm down, you rare beasts. You'll just cause more trouble." Mikasa stated calmly but firmly, her tone carrying a hint of authority. She stood tall and composed, her features framed by her dark hair cascading over her shoulders. Despite her composed demeanor, there was an undeniable intensity in her gaze. She might have warned them, but she didn't stop them. Ackermann wouldn't admit it, but she felt satisfaction watching the shitheads who hurt her friends get their payback.

Meanwhile, [Y/N] turned her attention to the gathering crowd, her thoughts briefly drifting amidst the aftermath of the night's events. Her gaze swept over the faces of those who had fought tirelessly. 'All these people were fighting all night against Viktor Klebb...'