(2) Sudden Alarms

꒰ ୨୧ ─ ・┈ ・ ─ ・┈ ─ ・┈ ─ ・┈ ꒱꒱

 As the team regrouped to focus on their primary mission of accessing the government's database, Reiner's voice cut through the tension-filled air of the underground hideout. "We need to move quickly," he stated, his stern gaze sweeping over the assembled group. "With Eren and Armin on board, we have a significant advantage. They can provide us with invaluable insights into the inner workings of the police and government, which will be crucial in infiltrating the database."

Eren nodded, his expression determined. "I know the layout of the government buildings inside and out. I can help get us through the security checkpoints and identify the best entry points." Armin chimed in, his analytical mind already at work. "And I can analyze the data once we're inside, pinpointing the files that are most likely to contain the information we need to undermine the government's authority."

Levi, though still visibly annoyed by the hacker's earlier disobedience, acknowledged her merits of getting Eren and Armin on their side for this mission. "Alright. Let's go over the plan one more time."

The underboss outlined the details, assigning roles and responsibilities to each member of the team. [Y/N]'s role was, of course, to use her hacking skills to bypass the security systems and gain access to the database with the help of Armin who knew exactly what to look for, while Eren and Reiner provided support and backup as needed. With the plan in place, Eren led the way, his knowledge of Shiganshina proving invaluable as they avoided patrols and surveillance cameras. As they approached the primary government building of the district, the girl's heart pounded with anticipation, her fingers itching to get to work on the terminal. She knew that the success of their mission depended on her ability to breach the security protocols and access the database undetected and that made her really nervous.

As the team raced through the corridors of the government building, [Y/N] found herself running alongside the now ex-policeman, their footsteps echoing off the cold, marble floors. Despite the urgency of their mission, there was a palpable tension between them. Eren glanced sideways at his new ally, his expression unreadable. "You're the hacker, right?" he asked, his tone neutral.

She nodded. "That's right. And you're Eren Jaeger, the tenacious police officer."

Eren offered a wry smile, the tension between them easing slightly. "Tenacious might be one way to put it. But I prefer to think of myself as determined."

Armin, who was leading the way with Reiner, glanced back at the pair with a curious expression. "Is now really the time for introductions?" he asked, a hint of amusement in his voice. The [H/C] haired girl couldn't help but smile at Armin's dry humor. "Probably not," she admitted, her gaze flickering back to Eren. "But it's nice to put a name to the face, especially when we're fighting side by side."

Eren's smile widened, a spark of camaraderie igniting between them. "Agreed. We may have different methods, but now we're all fighting for the same cause." Their moment of connection was cut short as they rounded a corner and came face to face with a squad of armed guards. Bullets flew, forcing them to duck behind cover as they returned fire.

''Stay behind me,'' Eren put himself in between the bullets and [Y/N], protecting her.

Levi sprang into action, his blades flashing as he dispatched the guards with deadly precision. [Y/N] didn't understand why he would use blades instead of bullets but... it was Levi Ackermann, after all. Reiner provided covering fire, his aim true despite the chaos around them. Eren, Armin and [Y/N] reached the terminal room without incident, and the latter quickly set to work on bypassing the security measures. Her fingers flew over the keyboard, her mind focused on the task at hand. With each passing moment, she felt the weight of responsibility pressing down on her shoulders. The data they were about to access could be the key to turning the tide in their favor, but one wrong move could spell disaster for them all. As the terminal screen flickered to life, the girl's heart skipped a beat. She had breached the security protocols and gained access to the database. Now it was up to Armin to guide her towards the files they needed.