A New Year

(Y/n)'s POV

I started to understand why people in movies and series called friends the light of life, or at least, I would've to the fullest, if it wasn't because Harry wasn't answering my letters

It wasn't just to me either, Hermione and Ron came to my house whenever they could, and even them told me Harry didn't answer any of their letters.

Every time we'd be doing something fun, like teaching Ron how to play videogames, or reading a book with Hermione, the thought of Harry not being here stood out.

"I wonder if Harry's played any of these... videogames" Ron said, as I was teaching him how to play one, and muttered things like 'bloody hell'  every time he died.

"I don't know mate, but I bet he'd have the time of his life if he was here, I just wish he answered his letters..." I said, and Hermione chimed in.

"Yeah, I found this quite impressive book about Quidditch that I wanted to lend him."

"Same, Dad gave me one about Defence against the Dark Arts that I wanted to lend him, he seemed to really enjoy that class." I said.

Hermione came more frequently than Ron, sometimes when I invited him he couldn't make it, maybe he had stuff to do in his house, I also had lessons in the summer, sometimes when they came over.

Hermione didn't mind them, and my parents didn't mind letting her watch either, she liked to learn, and my parents could never say no to someone like that.

Aside from that, we read books that I wanted to lend her and books she wanted me to see. Among them, I found a book my grandma gave me a few weeks into the summer about magical creatures, and I have to say, they're really interesting.

I've always had a bit of an interest in animals, especially magical ones, and now Blaze was starting to grow more, she was almost the size of my open hand, but something told me she still had room to grow a bit more, so that made me start reading more into magical creatures.

Sometimes I had to force Hermione to go to the courtyard for anything that wasn't the lessons my Dad gave me – or rather – showed me, she also finally got to meet my parents, at least properly.

Dad was rather awkward at the beginning with Hermione and Ron, I guess someone could think he was kind of angry at something – or someone -- when in reality, apparently he was like this with new people.

His face was all serious the first few times they visited, it was weird, I couldn't read his face at all.

It gave me a better image of how he was at work, or somewhere that wasn't home, but after those first few times he finally relaxed around them, and as of now he was teaching me new spells.

Mom on the other hand warmed up immediately to them, she was just like that I guess, talkative and easy to approach, I wish I was a bit like her in that aspect.

I couldn't use magic outside of school's boundaries, as there was this trace that made it so people were notified when you did so, and they could even expel you for it, so once again Dad was showing me spells, slinging them around in the courtyard, and Hermione was with me today.

"Your Dad knows a lot of spells, I can see why you'd want to replicate what you see from him, he's... kind of a show off." Said Hermione, I laughed a bit, Dad was really easy to see through if you put enough time into it, and if he feels comfortable enough.

Hermione accompanied me through some of the lessons I had, I usually had at least three of them around the week, and 'coincidentally' she mostly visited when I had them.