Chapter 21 Negotiations

.

.

.

.

I woke groggily.

I heard the sounds of talking but every noise seemed dulled at the moment. I tried to open up my eyes but my right eyes seemed to be unresponsive as I could only see out of my left side.

Raising my hand I touch the left side of my face and only feel bandages. Well that explains why I can't see out of that eye- Lucy...

I shot up looking around quickly. I didn't know where I expected to find myself, but it wasn't inside the Camp Half-Blood Infirmary. Old Collin and Lennings were by my bed along with Cleo, they watched Lee like a hawk, or would be if they weren't all staring at me.

"Y/N! Lay back down, you shouldn't be moving so suddenly." Lee scolded as she pushed me down, her southern accent seemingly lulling. "Even with the Golden Fleece."

"Yeah lad, lay back down." Old Collin said, though I had to turn my head to see him.

"What? Where am I?" I was confused. "My eye... what?"

Lee turned me to face her, the freckles dusted her face as it was framed by golden wavy hair and green eyes filled with concern and worry. She softly rubbed my shoulder as her soothing southern voice whispered, "That's right, look at me Y/N, focus on me. Deep breaths."

I took deep breaths just like she said, feeling my rapid heart slowly slowing down.

"That's right, you can see me Y/N." She said with a soft smile as she put a hand on my left cheek, her thumb rubbing under my eye.

"But-"

"Ah ah, but nothing." She said scoldingly. "This beautiful royal blue eye can see me, right?"

"Yeah." I answered and her smile grew. It was warming, like the sun on a crisp autumn day.

"That's good sugar, better?" She asked gingerly.

I slowly nod, "So... I'm at Camp Half-Blood?"

"Yeah, you and your friends, though they've been..." Lee paused to try to find a word. "A tad bit suspicious of us."

I looked over to the three pirates, Cleo looked a small bit jealous. "Well they grow on you."

"Do we now?" Old Collin laughed.

"Just maybe..." I said as I felt the bandages on my head. "So is there something here or not?"

"Yeah, Captain ripped your eye out, the tall bird placed another in and did her daemon magic." Lennings hummed.

"So is my eye socket empty or not?" I am even more confused now.

"Something is in it, but whether it works as an eyes none of us know." Old Collin shrugged. "Also these brats are making a fuss about needing the golden blanket for a dying tree, saying it only has a day left of life."

"It's Thalia's Tree Y/N, you know how important it is to Camp." Lee said, and when I looked at her I could see a pleading look in her eyes.

I sighed as I threw my legs over the side of the bed, "Someone go get me food and I will go find Mrs D."

"She's on the porch as usual." Lee called out as I walked out the room. I ignored the fact I was now in sweatpants, I guess Cleo changed me again, and again shirtless.

I stumbled a bit onto the porch of the Big House, Cleo quickly coming to my side to catch me. "Careful Y/N."

"Do I have to be if it means you'll keep catching me?" I asked with a flirty grin.