Chapter-15

I've edited Chapter 1 to 8 till today's date 8-07-24.

I will request you all to re-read it again for avoid confusion to upcoming chapters.

Only those who have read this untill 8-07-24. If you are someone who is reading it after this date. Then you don't have to read again.

I just fixed my mistakes also made few changes on my charecter details.

I hope you like it even better. 🥺❣️

✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧⁠*✧*✧⁠*
.................................................................................

Diana's POV-

I'm staring at the guy in front of me, who's busy cutting a pastry for me. Thinking real hard, Also about what Asmodeus was hinting at me, if I connect everything together, the answer is something that I'm not quite ready for.My eyes twitch.

How did I never notice how attentive he always is?

"Here, eat now," Guren says, placing the plate in front of me.

"...Why are you doing this?" I blurt out.

He raises an eyebrow, confusion written all over his face. "What do you mean why? Didn’t you always bother me to do this stuff for you? So it's become a habit. That's all." He shrugs, then focuses back on his plate and eats silently.

I can't help but smirk.

"So it's not like you like me or something, right? It's just a habit... Hahaha... yeah, that's correct," I mumble to myself, just loud enough for him to hear. His reaction is priceless; he chokes on his food.

I jump up, grabbing a glass of water, and make him drink it, patting his back with the other hand.

"Are you alright, Guren? Not planning to die on me now, are you?"

We didn't realize how close we were until now. I notice Guren's face turning a bit red. Is he still a bit sick after the attack?

I move closer, putting my forehead to his to check his temperature. "You're a bit hot. Maybe we should leave now. You need rest... sigh.. I shouldn’t have bothered you while you're unwell. I'm sorry~ let's wrap it up quickly and leave." I say, cupping his cheeks and squishing them gently with each word.

Suddenly, Guren pushes me away and grumbles, "Tch, just go back to your seat. Do you think I'm so weak that I'd get sick over this little thing?"

Guren's POV

My heartbeat races as she leans in closer.

I look at her pretty face which is laced in concern for me. She's the most annoying person in this world. But she knows her limits, always turning serious when I get injured or sick. It's not that I hate it. There are many people who are always concerned for me. But she is different.

"But you're still only a teenager, Guren-chan~ You know you can act your age when you're sick or anything else. You always don't have to be the tough one," she says with a smile.

A smile that makes me smile too.

"Maybe you should also act a little mature and serious. Not like an annoying brat," I reply with a small smirk.

"Oya~? So that I get wrinkles? No thanks. That only suits you," she retorts.

"Wrinkles? On me? I'd look distinguished," I shoot back, rolling my eyes.

She giggles, "Sure, keep telling yourself that, old man."

I can't help but laugh. "Old man? I'm only a few months older than you!"