❦♖Chapter 5❦♖

Walking outside in a short black dress at 1am, waiting for one of Jeremy's men to arrive, isn't so ideal

Walking outside in a short black dress at 1am, waiting for one of Jeremy's men to arrive, isn't so ideal. Especially if it's -7 degrees outside.

Tha black car finally pulls up near me and blinks the lights twice signaling its from Jeremy.  I get in as soon as it stops wanting to be as far away from the cold. The man driving doesn't even spear me a glance and speeds off to the location I'm supposed to go to. Why couldn't he drive this fast to pick me up?

We reach the building not long after and enter it with the driver trailing behind me as a bodyguard.

"Raven! How great of you to show up!" Jeremy flashed a smile.

"I'm here for 30 minutes no more. Get to business." I say staring him down.

"Veronica Williams. She owes us about 50,000 dollars but is still begging for more. She's killing our men and threatening us for money. She's at the club in the next town from here. You can get there on a bike. They would be lots of people there so we want a clean kill with no extra messes. If her guards attack deal with them. We still need the money so make sure to get the information before killing her. I trust you can do this assignment well right?" He says typing things on his fancy little computer. It ticks me off that he gets to sit there and order us around like he owns this place.

"Yea yeah sure. What's in it for me?" I ask looking at me.

"You have your monthly salary? Isn't that enough." He questions.

"Look, you woke me up in the middle of the night for this after my hangover, I'm killing multiple people today and clean. I deserve an extra cut." I say.

He scoffs but hands me a stack of hundreds. I grin proudly.

"Thanks Jere!" I smile mockingly and walk out towards my bike.

The ride there wasn't too bad. The cold air brushed past me the faster I go and the lights get dimmer. Not many cars pass me but their lights bright up the road. The street light sparkles against the dark sky and apartment lighting all colors glow in the darkness.

Getting to the bar I easily fit in with my short black dress and cute updo. And surprisingly it doesn't take me long to find Veronica.

"Hey!" I say walking up to her.

"Hi? Do you want something?" she says arrogantly.

"Just saying hi, want to make a friend in this mess and you seem cool." This seems to boost her confidence and she smiles widely.

"Let's go talk privately yeah?" I suggest. She nods stupidly and motions a guard to follow her.

We find a private room which is sound proof and I lock the door entering. I take out my gun shooting the guard dead and turning to her. She backs up to the end of the room and I slowly step closer.