Chapter 53: Like father, like son

Freya POV

As fall fades and winter draws to a close. My bundles of joy have arrived. After the long months of pregnancy, my cubs are finally here. They were born in the heart of fall, where I went into labor, welcoming five tiny cubs into the world. There were four pups and one, a panther cub, all of them boys.

I thought that my first litter would end up being panther cubs with how protective Shino was from that time. But with four wolf pups born, the big shock I saw was Alex. I remembered the moment he saw four wolf pups popping out of me his mouth was agape.

With the pups howling I found it adorable once I saw my pups and Alex's tail swishing at the same time!

Currently, following after dinner, my small panther cub Samson (sami) nestled into a ball in my embrace. Much like the four puppies, Sami was small, his brief black coat yet to fully grow. His blue eyes were like mines but I think that he mirrors similar to Shino's appearance. His eyes gently blinked as he drifted off to sleep. I kissed Sami's forehead bidding him a goodnight.

I gently held my sleeping cub in my arms and placed him next to Shino, who had also fallen asleep. Like father, like son. The two panthers curled up together into a ball, with Sami nestled within his father's embrace, his head resting against Shino's. This made his chubby cheek squish as he leaned his face to the side to sleep. It was so cute seeing both of them snoring softly in their panther forms.

I turned to see the rest of my cubs, noticing my oldest pup, Noah, growling. It wasn't no intimidating growl but more like a small baby growling. I observed him playing with Lucas. Noah, being the bravest and loudest among the litter, growled as he tussled with Lucas. He tugged at the white blanket Lucas held in his hand.

This made Lucas chuckle as he further tugged the blanket, making Noah growl. Lucas's hold was gentle letting Noah often pull.

Despite Noah's tiny body, reminiscent of a baby pomeranian pup, with fluffy brown fur and golden eyes brimming with determination, he appeared relentless. Watching Noah refuse to let go of the blanket while playing tug of war with Lucas was a sight to behold.

From the other side, I saw Alex also playing with the rest of the wolf cubs. Nathan, Nico, and my youngest Noe were all howling as they pranced running their little legs around Axel. Their fuzzy tails swish in excitement as I hear them giggle.

With a smile spreading across Alex's face, he kept up the playful tickling with Noe. Nearby, the two other cubs looked on, their curiosity piqued and tails wagging in anticipation of their own turn. I noticed their fuzzy paws gently tapping at their dad, vying for his attention. The two cubs growled, grumbling with a pout on their faces.

Each time they attempted to scale their dad Alex up his body, their tiny bodies would awkwardly tumble down, prompting Alex to catch them.

(TIME PASSED)

Surrounded by the warmth of my wolf cubs, I sprawled out on the carpet. Samson and Shino had already succumbed to sleep's, and I was keen not to disturb their rest.

The night with my cubs was long and tiring, yet here we were, awake. I was comfort with the softness of my cubs fuzzy bodies now nuzzling on me. The four wolf cubs didn't seem to be tired at all. Even when I tried calming them down to rest they would jump out running around the living room. I was happy that they finally stopped running and sat down to relax. Even if they were right near me, literally licking my face but I was fine with it.

Suddenly, a shadow loomed over us, breaking the calm. Looking up, me and my wolf cubs saw Alex standing there, his voice breaking the sounds of licks and laughter.

"It's time for bed, no more excuses" Alex's voice gently urged, but his words were met with resistance to the cubs.

The air filled with whines from the four cubs, and Noah, in a defiant stance, growled at Alex, his father.

He shook his head and growled a "no". Noah's voice was firm as he stamped his feet, locking eyes with Alex in a father-son showdown.

The scene unfolded into something unexpectedly humorous, their intense stare-off making me burst into laughter. Then, as if on cue, the rest of the wolf cubs rallied to Noah's side, forming a united front against their father.

"No sleep!" All the wolf cubs growled, shaking their heads.

"not sleepy!" Was what Noah said, growling.

"For god sake, it doesn't matter if you're not sleepy. It's time for bed" Alexander nagged, repeating it to his sons again. From there his cubs began growling, shaking their mini heads left and right. Their pouting faces as they refused!

As I sat there, amused by the unfolding drama, I suddenly felt two large arms envelop me. Turning slightly, I saw Lucas beside me, his presence bringing a new sense of calm.

"It's time for bed," he whispered, teasingly, before planting a gentle kiss.

His words, simple and filled with affection, made me nod in agreement. I then turned to the cubs and Alex, adopting a tone of finality.

"Alright, everyone, bed now," I declared, clapping my hands to get their attention. To my surprise, the squabble between the cubs and Alex ceased immediately.

The moment I stood up, the wolf cubs came running to me, their blue and golden eyes sparkling. I immediately knew my pups wanted me to tell them another bed time story.

"Alright" I said, accepting their request.

If a bed time story is what they wanted they shall have. Anything to make them go to sleep.