𝐎𝐌𝐘𝐑𝐈'𝐒 𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘.

@𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐊𝐎'𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐄𝐒𝐓

𝐄𝐒𝐓. 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒
༝༚༝༚
𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓  𝟑𝟎𝐓𝐇, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔 || 𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 illuminated the dark-skinned boy's face as he expertly caught the football hurled by his cousin Ahmad. With a surge of excitement, he sprinted past the cluster of young boys, racing toward the makeshift "end zone" - a stretch of the vast field demarcated by a humble jump rope. His heart pounded in his chest as he dashed toward victory, the thrill of the game coursing through his veins.

It was a typical sunny day in Lake City, Florida, with the warm glow of everyday life radiating throughout the neighborhood. Children's laughter filled the air as they played tag or rode their bikes, while elders gathered on porches or strolled along the sidewalk, exchanging stories and sharing smiles. Meanwhile, familiar faces patrolled the block, keeping a watchful eye on the community they cared about.

"Y'all can't mess with me, I been told y'all this!" 𝐎𝐌𝐘𝐑𝐈 declared, triumphantly tossing the blue football to the ground.

"Mmtch, you're just strong and fast," Kordell shot back, his hands on his hips and his chest heaving with each labored breath, a hint of envy in his tone.

"It's like five of y'all against the three of us— y'all niggas not seeing us for real!" Ahmad exclaimed, draping his arm over his taller, yet younger cousin.

Their friend, Quincy sauntered over, a sly smirk spreading across his face as he crossed his arms, his relaxed posture a stark contrast to the tense atmosphere.

"Whatever man, run it back! I bet we beat y'all this time." The 10-year-old boy held out his hands, and Omyri reluctantly passed him the ball. "We won the last three games, jit!" He gloated, pointing out their winning streak.

The two teams eventually lined up, ready to face off once again.

"Oh shit! Keep running O!" The voice of Omyri's brother could be heard walking over towards them group of kids, his friends following along behind him.

Once again, Omyri sprinted to the end zone with effortless ease, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. "Give it up! I'm too good." He spoke, popping his collar with a flourish, and his brother couldn't help but shake his head in amusement. The gesture was all too familiar, reminding him of his own cocky antics.

Omyri idolized his big brother, Ozai, with a deep admiration that only grew stronger with each passing year. As the younger sibling, Omyri had looked up to Ozai since the day he was born, and their six-year age gap only seemed to amplify the older brother's wisdom and coolness in his eyes. Now, at ten years old, Omyri gazed up at sixteen-year-old Ozai with a mix of hero worship and sibling adoration.