Chapter Thirty-five.

I'd hate to see the other guy.

Reluctantly Iris places her gun on the floor, reaching her belt and placing her knife next to her gun, she stands up straight and holds her arms out by her side, one of the men come over and pat her down checking for hidden weapons. "I'd hate to see the other guy" the man says patting down Daryl, "you would" Rick says "they deserve it?" he asks patting down Carl "yes" the young boy says.

"Just so you know, we aren't those kind of people, but we aren't stupid either. And you shouldn't be stupid enough to try anything stupid. As long as everyone's clear on that, we shouldn't have any problems. Just solutions." Gareth says, Iris picks up her gun and knife again and puts them in her holsters "follow me", Iris follows close to Carl making sure he doesnt get separated from her.

The walk outside and Iris scans everything around them "So how long's this place been here?" Daryl asks, "Since almost the start. When all the camps got overrun, people started finding this place. I think it was instinct, you know? Follow a path. Some folks were heading to the coast,others out west or up north, but they all wound up here." the man leading us, Alex, explains.

They stop in front of a woman cooking, "hi, i heard you came in through the back door, smart. You'll fit right in here." she says, Iris looks around, something is off. She looks over at Daryl, finding the man already looking, the duo speak with their eyes, this place is too quiet. Iris looks at the people scattered around, one of them with an orange backpack that looked like the one they had picked up when they went to get guns, another in riot gear, and another in Daryl's poncho.

Rick walks up to Alex, smacking the plate of food onto the floor before grabbing the man, Iris grabs her gun from her thigh pointing it at the people that start moving closer to them, "where'd you get this watch?" Rick asks the man he's holding.

"Where the hell did you get this watch?" Rick asks again, his anger building up higher and higher, Iris scans the roof top noticing a sniper, she raises her gun higher pointing it at him, "You want answers? You want anything else? You get 'em when you put down the gun." "I see your man on the roof with a sniper rifle. How good's his aim?" Iris asks

"Where'd you get the watch? Where'd you get the watch?!" "Don't do anything! I have this! You just put it down. You put it down! You want to listen to me. There's a lot of us." Alex says "Where did you get the watch?" Rick repeats again, Iris starts to get irritated, her trigger finger begging to shoot.

"I got it off of a dead one. I didn't think he'd need it." Alex confesses, "What about the riot gear? The poncho?" "Got the riot gear off a dead cop. Found the poncho on a clothesline." Gareth says, "Gareth, we can wait." "Shut up, Alex." "You talk to me." Rick says "What's there left to say? You don't trust us anymore." "Gareth." "Shut up." "Gareth, please." Alex begs. "Rick, what do you want?" "Where are our people?" he asks "You didn't answer the question."

Gunfire echos around the group as everyone starts firing, Iris shoots one of the people as they shoot at Carl, she looks back up to the rooftop but the sniper is gone, the group go to run but their path is blocked by the sniper shooting at the floor, Daryl leads them a different way and Iris grabs onto Carl's hand so she doesnt get separated from him.

As they try and run their paths keep getting blocked making them change direction and find a different way through, suddenly they hear screaming and shouting coming from containers "what the hell?" Daryl questions but they keep moving, they enter a room filled with candles, almost like a memorial. "What the hell is this place?" Dary asks "these people, i dont think they're trying to kill us." Michonne says.

"No they would have shot us by now. It's like they're herding us" Iris says "there" Rick says running towards the door, Iris follows dragging Carl with her, but as they get close to the door it shuts and locks. They move to another, and this time they manage to get through it, as soon as they get back outside the shots begin again.

They run towards the fence but gunned men stand from the bushes, the group stop, they're cornered. Iris squeezes onto Carls hand pulling him into her body and keeping him close incase they starts shooting again, the young boy holds onto the woman tightly.

Everyone looks at each other, "drop your weapons! Now!" Gareth orders, but none of them move, Iris keeps her back to Gareth making sure Carl cant see him, "now!" he repeats. The group throw their weapons onto the floor "ringleader, go to your left! The train car go!" he orders, but rick doesnt move, "you do what we say, the boy goes with you. Anything else, he dies and you end up in there anyway!".

Rick looks to his son before following the orders and moving to the train car, "now the Archer!" Iris watches Daryl walk over to rick, "now the samurai! And the cop!" reluctantly Iris lets go of carl and walks over to the rest, watching Carl as she goes.

"Stand at the door, ringleader, archer, samurai, cop, in that order!" "my son" Rick says "go kid", Carl begins to walk over, too scared to make any fast moves "Ringleader, open the door and go in." "I'll go in with him." Rick says watching his son walk over to them, "Don't make us kill him now!". Rick walks up the steps and opens the door, one by one they walk into the mettle box, when Carl gets near Iris they reach for each others hands and walk into the dark box.

The door closes behind them, a thud comes from the other end of the train car, "rick?" a voice asks, Glenn's voice asks "your here" Rick says, Iris watches more people walk towards them, as she looks around to see new faces, "there our friends. They helped us" Maggie says "yeah, now their friends of ours" Daryl says "for however long that'll be." one of the new men says.

"Their gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out" Rick says walking over and looking through a gap in the door "find out what?" "they're screwing with the wrong people"