⤻ 16

July 2nd, later that evening

The water gun battle had been a blast, leaving everyone soaked and exhilarated

The water gun battle had been a blast, leaving everyone soaked and exhilarated. After drying off and changing into fresh clothes, the group set about transforming their campsite into a cozy party spot.

Rina, Utahime, and Shoko took charge of setting up string lights around the camp. The gentle hum of conversation and the occasional burst of laughter filled the air as they worked together, threading the lights between palm trees and securing them to the posts of their makeshift canopy. The twinkling lights would soon create a magical ambiance as night fell.

"This is going to look amazing," Utahime said, her eyes twinkling with excitement as she stepped back to admire their progress. She wore a navy blue Hawaiian shirt with white hibiscus flowers, paired with denim shorts and sandals.

Rina, adjusting a string of lights to ensure they were perfectly spaced, nodded in agreement. "Definitely. We just need to make sure everything is secure so it doesn't come crashing down mid-party," she replied, her tone a mix of practicality and anticipation. Her turquoise Hawaiian shirt, adorned with pink flamingos, fluttered slightly in the evening breeze.

Shoko, balancing on a stool to reach a higher spot, grinned down at them. "And let's not forget the music. Once we get that set up, it'll really feel like a party," she added, her shirt featuring vibrant red parrots contrasting against a green background.

Meanwhile, the boys had ventured into the nearby woods to gather firewood for the evening's bonfire. The sound of their distant voices and occasional laughter drifted back to the campsite, adding to the relaxed atmosphere.

As the girls continued their task, their conversation flowed easily, touching on memories from the day's water gun fight and playful banter about who had the best aim.

"I think we can all agree that Satoru's death scene was the highlight of the day," Utahime said with a laugh, recalling his dramatic collapse. "He really should consider a career in acting."

Rina chuckled, securing another string of lights around a tree. "Yeah, he's a real piece of work. But honestly, it was a lot of fun. I haven't laughed that hard in a while."