chap 11

The following morning, Jude woke up late as usual, groggily making his way out of his room. He decided to go for a run to clear his head from the previous night's drama. As he stepped outside and started jogging, he came across Juliette in her backyard, stretching. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt and discomfort as he noticed her, wondering if she would confront him too.

Juliette noticed him and immediately turned her back to him.

Jude noticed Juliette's reaction and felt a pang of guilt. He hesitated for a moment before deciding to speak to her.

"Hey... Can we talk for a second? Please?" Jude asked awkwardly.

Juliette sighed and answered coldly, "Why would I talk to you?"

Jude sighed, feeling frustrated at how Juliette seemed completely closed off to him. But still determined to explain himself, he began to speak.

"Look, I know I was a dick to you last night. I shouldn't have said those things; it wasn't fair. I'm sorry, alright?" he said reluctantly, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Juliette raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Did your mom ask you to apologize?"

Jude let out a frustrated sigh. "No, she didn't ask me to apologize. I'm apologizing because I meant it, damn it. Will you just accept my apology already?" he said, becoming a bit irritated that Juliette couldn't see that he was trying to be sincere.

"Why would I accept it?" Juliette said, annoyed. "You're gonna do it again."

Jude clenched his jaw, his irritation growing. "Why are you being so difficult? Can't you just let go of your damn ego for once and accept my apology? I'm trying here!" he snapped, feeling annoyed that she didn't want to see his sincerity.

Juliette sighed. "Jude, I used to believe you'd changed, but at the club, you proved me wrong! You're the same teenager who bullied me."

Jude felt a twinge of guilt at Juliette's words, but he was too stubborn to admit that she might be right. "Right, because I'm sure you've never done anything wrong in your life, have you? You're completely innocent and I'm just a bully who never does anything right. Is that what you want to hear?" he said sarcastically, his irritation clearly visible.

"I never said I was completely innocent," Juliette retorted.

"That's exactly my point. You're no saint either, so how can you judge me so harshly?" Jude said, feeling frustrated that she couldn't see things from his perspective.

"Because I can't understand why you hate me and bully me, Jude! I have reason to hate you because you bullied me, but you have no reason to hate me! And you can't understand that because you're still the same teenager," Juliette said, her voice filled with frustration.

Jude's expression darkened, his irritation reaching its peak. "I don't hate you, alright? I never did. But you just have this snobby, stuck-up attitude all the time and treat me like I'm beneath you. I get it, I can be a jerk sometimes, but you're not exactly an angel either. We both have our issues, you and me. So stop acting like you're the innocent one here and I'm the big bad bully," he said, his voice rising with anger.

Juliette sighed and rolled her eyes. "Jude, you bullied me! I never bullied you!"

Jude couldn't believe how stubborn Juliette was being. "Fine! You want me to apologize? I apologize for bullying you when we were younger. I was immature, stupid, and a dick to you. There, are you happy now?" he said, feeling slightly annoyed that he had to apologize again, but hoping that it would satisfy her and end this argument once and for all.

"That isn't an apology, Jude," Juliette said, starting to walk back to her home.

Jude threw his hands up in frustration as Juliette walked away. "What the hell do you want from me then? I've apologized, tried to explain myself, and you still won't take it!" he called out after her, feeling fed up that she couldn't let go of the past and move on.