chap 6

For the next couple of days, Jude and Juliette didn't see each other very much. Jude would wake up early in the morning and leave to train and practice with his teammates, coming back home late in the evening, exhausted and tired. Sometimes, he would see Juliette when he got home, sitting in her car or looking out of her own home's window. Jude felt a constant urge to go talk to her and check up on her, but he stopped himself every time.

Today was Jude's birthday, and his mom had asked Juliette to come over to help with his cake while he was at training. She agreed and now found herself in the kitchen with his mom, both of them decorating the birthday cake.

"So, what did you plan for him?" Juliette asked.

His mother smiled as she carefully added the icing to the cake. "I'm just going to host a small get-together with some old friends, family, and some of his teammates. I think Jude is already planning on having a party with his friends, but I just thought I'd have a little one for him," she said, chuckling at the thought of a bunch of soccer players running around and making noise.

"That's great!" Juliette said.

His mother nodded and glanced over at Juliette. "It probably isn't much, but I'm pretty sure it'll make Jude happy, especially considering how busy he is these days. That kid is hardly ever home, and he works himself too hard. You're gonna miss out on a ton of stuff like birthdays or holidays when you become a famous soccer player, so I make sure to celebrate for him so he feels happy and appreciated," she said, chuckling quietly.

"You're such a good mom, I promise," Juliette said. "When is the party? I want to make sure I'm gone before it starts," she chuckled.

His mother smiled and laughed gently. "The party is at 7 pm. You're welcome to stay if you'd like," she said, as she began to put all the cooking tools away. She really did want Juliette to stay.

"Oh, I don't want to bother at his party..."

She chuckled again and shook her head. "You're not bothering anyone, please stay. I'm sure Jude would be happy to see you," she said, smiling at the thought of her son getting to interact with Juliette.

Juliette smiled. "Okay, I'll stay, but only to help you handle all of these football players," she laughed.

His mother laughed loudly. "Oh, you won't have to worry about that. Most of the football players are pretty young, and they're mostly gonna sit and talk, probably drink and stuff. It's just gonna be a casual get-together," she said, shrugging.

At that moment, there was a knock on the door, and Jude's mom glanced outside to see who it was. "Ooh, Jude's home a bit earlier than usual. Why don't you go say hi?"

Juliette nodded. "Hide the cake," she laughed and headed to the door to open it.

Jude's mom quickly ushered Juliette out of the room, just in time, because Jude was already coming in the door and taking off his shoes.

"Juliette?" he asked as Juliette walked into the hallway. "What are you doing here?"

"Your mom needed help. Happy birthday!" Juliette said.

Jude was caught off guard when he looked up and saw Juliette. She was wearing another gorgeous dress with some flowers on, but this time short, and he struggled to keep his composure in check. He pushed out a forced smile as he mumbled a quiet "thank you."

"What did she need help with?" he asked, slightly annoyed at his mother for asking her over to his house.

"Huh, don't worry about that," she smiled.

He huffed as his eyes trailed over her body, the black dress looking perfect on her as always. Juliette's long legs looked flawless, as well as her smooth and silky skin.

"Whatever," he muttered. "I'm gonna take a shower. Make yourself at home, I guess," he said as he made his way towards the stairs.

Juliette rolled her eyes and went back to his mom. "You're right, he is moody."

Jude's mom huffed as Juliette walked over to her, shaking her head with a smile.

"That boy is always in a mood, no matter what. You should see how annoying he gets when we have to go out shopping though," she said, laughing quietly as she imagined Jude complaining the entire time and whining like a child.

Juliette laughed. "I can't imagine."

She chuckled. "It's pretty hard to imagine. He's always quiet and mature," she said sarcastically. "And he whines so much. He's like a five-year-old stuck in the body of a twenty-year-old man. He just wants food and entertainment." By the time she was done speaking, both of them were laughing heartily.

"Well, he's going to have entertainment tonight! This is the moment to make him the surprise. He's in the shower," Juliette said.

She smiled evilly as she heard that he was in the shower. "You're right. Let's make him the surprise of his life. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees you later at his party," she said, grabbing Juliette's shoulders and shaking her in excitement.

Juliette smiled and shook her head.

Jude's mother was practically giddy with excitement. "Come on, let's go get changed," she said, grabbing Juliette and quickly rushing her into a guest bedroom. They both began to get changed into prettier clothes for the party. Jude's mother dressed up in a long sparkling dress, her hair pulled back, and Juliette changed into an even more beautiful red dress that hugged her curves and her long legs perfectly.

Juliette did her makeup and straightened her hair. She then heard the doorbell. "It must be his friends from football."

Jude's mother quickly finished up her hair and makeup as well and then helped Juliette put on some accessories before rushing her out of the room to the front door. "That is definitely Jude's friends. You look perfect, by the way," she whispered to Juliette as she opened the door to let the first guest in.

Juliette smiled at her compliment and saw the guest being quiet. They all began to hide to surprise Jude. "Who is going to get him upstairs?" she whispered to his mom.

Jude's mom smiled once all the guests were hidden. She scanned the room to see who would go get Jude. "That's a good question. I think he'd be more surprised if you were the one to go," she whispered softly to Juliette.

Juliette nodded. "I'll go get him. Stay quiet until I turn on the light." She then walked upstairs, looking for Jude.

All the guests nodded quietly in agreement, some of them even putting their hands over their mouths to prevent themselves from making noise. Meanwhile, Juliette made her way up the stairs, following the sound of running water in the shower.