Where Are Malik's?

"Wow, Mamma you look beautiful!!!" Liyana looks at me as if I am the most beautiful person on the earth, and that makes my heart so full that I end up gathering tears in my eyes.

"offo... Mehreen no you can't just spill those tears and end up spoiling your beautiful look". Hiba didi brings tissue to bloat my tears.

"Abbu see! Mamma looks like a doll," Liyana drags Kabir into the room. He is also wearing a similar shade of fabric to me and Liyana I was dressed in a dark pastel green gown with a frill dupatta which had heavy embroidered lace and Liyana was wearing a mini version of it.

He was decked in an olive suit and his tie had hues of gold and olive hair set well and silver cufflinks, if he is not opening in mouth then he can pass as a good lookin man.

"Ma sha Allah, look at you three you guys look so perfect like this completed the family" Aleena gushes over us as we walk down the stairs and Kabir's father takes out a wad of cash and uses it to ward of the evil eye and asks the servants to distribute among themselves.

"now come on lets go if not we will be late, we have to receive guests too"  Shaheena aunty rushes us to leave the house and to get to their farm House where the reception is taking place.

I wait for my family to come but its been half an hour I don't see them around, Guests starts coming in though Kabir is introducing me to everyone I can barely pay attention to any one I was just robotically smiling and saying hello to every one.

"what's wrong?" Kabir whispers in my ear, this man and his whispering!!!

"nothing !!, why are you asking?" 

"You are clearly not paying attention to anything or anyone for that matter, what is it whats wrong?"

"Its been an hour and I don't see my family!!" I look at him and he nods his head and signals to his PA, 

"Find out where Malik's are why haven't they arrived yet!".

After giving orders he looks at me and says "don't worry they must be running late cause of traffic as this place quite a drive from the city."

I nod , hope that is the reason.

"Bhai , Bhabhi come on now you guys need to click some couple pictures"

Aleena can I have my phone before that, She passes me the phone and I see that I have tons of missed calls from Humna and Mumma.

I Call Back to find out her phone is switched off, "hey what's wrong?"

"I called them but they aren't picking the call". he signals for his PA again.

" what happened with the malik's,"

"Sir, according their housekeeper they have left almost an hour ago"

"see they have left an hour ago and they will be here by anytime".

As he was explaining to me I see Humna walking down the entrance with Mumma and Daddy in the tow, "Ohhh there they are, I feel as if something heavy has lifted my shoulders"

"You are such a worrisome human".

"I know and am sorry I bothered you too" 

"That's okay it was nothing".he nods and smiles .

"Baaji!!!You look so beautiful and through out your wedding I know I have said that a lot".

"Asalamualaikum Mumma!!! Asalamualaikum Daddy!!! I hug my parents"

"Walaikumasalam you look so good!!, May Allah protect you from Evil eye."

"How are you?, Mehreen?"

"Am good Mumma!!" I see that my Daddy is busy with Kabir and Mumma goes up to mingle with my In laws.

"what's up humna? what happened?"

"Oh Baaji how can you tell that?"

"I know it cause Mumma and Daddy are behaving as if they are under pressure, I could have understand it if it was a wedding day about their pressure but today is reception and they are actually pressure free."

"Actually baaji, As we were about leave the home for the venue, Riaz uncle and Abida aunty came along with Sobiya".

"what do they want now?"

"They want us to help them in fact they want you to help Salman to get the deal for the tender that Nafees enterprises is going to apply for with in Khan Constructions"

"Hahahah what the hell, are they in their right minds? How can they even think that I would be willing to help them?"

"But....Baaji". Humna gave me this skeptical look.

"ohh please humna don't tell me Mumma and Daddy said that I would talk to Kabir!"

"Actually first they said No.. but you know Riaz uncle he kind of emotionally manipulated Daddy into giving in Daddy did say that he can't promise anything but he would ask you to talk to Jiju".

"I can't believe!!! why? I know Riaz Uncle is my Daddy's childhood friend that doesn't mean he can forget what his son has done to me."

"But the only reason he hasn't spoken to you is because me and Mumma said not to pressure you in your marriage, Am Sorry baaji", I hug her and say, that's okay you don't have to feel sorry.

"Mehru beta!!" My Daddy interrupts my conversation with Humna.

"Daddy!! he looks at Humna and knows that she has spoken to me about the issue.

"Look Mehreen, I know Salman has done a mistake a blunder at it but Riaz was always good to you was always good to me am not forcing you but please can you for my sake speak for them with Kabir"

"Daddy I don't know am not close enough with him to speak all these".

"what do you mean close enough you are married to him how much close can you get to him, Mehreen when I was doubting myself about getting into textile industry leaving your Dadu's business, Riaz always helped me Beta, I Owed him one please do it for my sake."

Well that's true Riaz uncle was the one friend who stood by my dad through thick and thin.

"Fine Daddy, I will Talk to him once but I can't convince him to choose them,"

"bhabhi come time for couple pictures" Aleena drags me while I look at my daddy sighing as if a heavy weight has been lifted but that weight has been dropped on my head.