The light of my life (part 2)

- Three years later -

- Ambrosius narrates -

Three years passed since the queen passed away, as a descendant of Gloreth I had to take responsibility... so a short time later, I was crowned as the new ruler of the kingdom.

My life has been somewhat complicated, I have done everything possible to maintain peace in the kingdom, I have ruled as the queen would have wanted, but some things had to change... I always wondered what the world was like outside these walls, so I made the decision to get rid of them.

The director thought I was crazy, but now I am the one who makes the decisions for the kingdom, it has been a long time since monsters and criminals stopped threatening us; I promised that I would improve the situation of the kingdom, but someone must always take the first step, so my people must know that the world is not dangerous.

When the wall was torn down everyone was filled with fear at first, but over time they began to leave, my people began to discover the beauty of the world, with this some left the kingdom, others remain here but they will always enjoy nature; I was happy that after all this time my people were able to forget the fear and dared to create a new life outside those walls.

Even with this great event, my happiness was not complete... I was always thinking about Ballister, I have not heard from him since... that horrible day. For the moment I have tried to find answers, that day I took the remains of that shattered phone and gave it to the best technicians... I had to know what he wanted to show me. I never forgot his words, he was sure that the director was responsible for that event, so I decided to believe in him, even though at the time I had made a big mistake.

After a while, I decided that I also wanted to see the world. I left the kingdom in the hands of the director, but I made it very clear to my knights that any changes to my rules would be reported to me immediately.

I arranged everything to leave, an escort would accompany me, and with everything ready I said goodbye to my people and set out into the world. For a couple of days all we found was pure nature, I admit it was very beautiful, I had no idea what I was missing; I was informed that there was a small town near these parts, I agreed to go to meet its people and learn about their customs.

When we arrived my first impression was comforting, it was a very quiet place, somewhat outdated but that didn't bother me, for being someone surrounded by so much technology all this is something new but refreshing for me. People recognized me at that moment, I gave them a speech and thanked them for welcoming me, I asked them to treat me as their friend, a tourist if they wanted, I was just here to see the world.

The people welcomed me with open arms, I left my original outfit and put on more casual clothes and started to explore the city; the shops had interesting things, the food was delicious, and the people were very nice... I admit, it is very different from my kingdom, but it makes me feel at home... it is a beautiful place.

I decided to go to the market to see what I could take home as a souvenir of this beautiful city, everything around me was more alive than ever, I didn't know where to start, but the first thing I did was to look at each store to see what they had, I took several things, sweets, food, souvenirs... but when I was about to leave... I saw something that made my blood run cold.

- Nimona, do you have everything?

- Of course boss, everything is ready.

- Great... let's go home, I'll prepare your favorite tonight Valerie.