Secret (part one)

In the kingdom of Gloreth, alphas, betas and omegas live in harmony, all ruled by a fair and generous queen, who out of the goodness of her heart, decided to change all the old rules of her savior.

One night, Ballister, a little street kid showed up at the castle, full of energy and determination, he showed himself to the entire royal guard so they could see what he was capable of. To the rest of the knights and aspirants, it seemed like a simple prank, but to the queen it meant much more.

When the boy stood before her, she knew what she had to do; she took him under her wing, gave him food, clothes, a roof over his head, a coveted position in the royal guard, but above all, she gave him her love.

Only a few months passed, but it was enough for her to dare to take the next step; she had grown so fond of him that she decided to make it official. She needed to know everything about the child because social services needed to know his health status and the queen's ability to care for him if he turned out to have a complicated illness.

At that moment she took the child to a pediatrician, according to his words everything was under control, even the doctor himself was surprised, for being a street child he expected to find a weak and malnourished child. The queen was greatly relieved by this news, there was only one last test to be performed; and it was a blood test to identify the child's caste.

Due to his attitude the child probably looked like an alpha or a beta in the eyes of the queen, she believed she would be right, but after receiving the results of the tests, she felt fear invade her body.

- He's an... omega.

She was very upset, not because she couldn't stand omegas... but because each knight of the guard was alpha or beta; she feared that once the child fully developed he would be in danger of being surrounded by so many alphas, at that moment she made a very risky but necessary decision, and that is that she would hide the truth from everyone in the castle; no one, not even the most trusted people should know that the child is an omega.

That same day she asked for all kinds of suppressive medication, when the time came to tell Ballister about his results, the queen put on her best face and explained everything necessary, she did not hide the fact that he was an omega, she did not want his self-esteem to be harmed, but she made it very clear that this information should never be mentioned, it was something that only he and she should know, but to protect him from everyone around him she had no choice but to lie to him about his health.

She explained to him that he was beginning to show signs of a heart disease, and that he would need medication to keep the disease from getting worse; that was the best lie she could think of, she didn't want to do it but it was for his own good, it was the only option she had to hide the fact that he would take suppressants for as long as necessary. Thanks to the fact that Ballister understood her from the beginning, he simply accepted his situation and took the medication.

Finally after obtaining everything necessary, the queen was accepted to be Ballister's adoptive mother. She had to submit the final tests, including the blood tests, but she implored everyone who read her son's file that no one but them knew about the little boy's caste; he was in danger and she was not going to allow anyone to dare to expose him.

After the adoption, Ballister was very happy, he now had a mother and a dream that he must fight to make come true. The queen saw her son proud of the person he was becoming, he was a bold young man, very kind and affectionate, just seeing him made all her fears go away, however there was something that made her a little nervous.