Welcome - Final

He felt like it was in a soft place, maybe a bed and at the same time he heard the noise of the medical equipment but more importantly he heard his husband crying, it was next to him holding his hand... the only one he had left, he heard it when the doctor talked about his condition.

- The trauma was very serious, so much that we couldn't save his arm, and the blow to his head reached such a magnitude that when he arrived here he was already in a coma.

- For Gloreth's sake... this is all my fault Ballister, if you can hear me, please forgive me, I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have swallowed all those words!

- (Ambrosius, please this is not your fault, don't cry anymore, I forgive you, please stop... damn you can't hear me).

The doctor left the place leaving the couple alone, while Ambrosius apologized to his delicate husband he also said goodbye to him since the visiting time was over; when he go the hospital, the visits to the orphanage stopped, while Ambrosius visited his husband sometimes thought about what had happened to the girl, they stopped visiting her for more than a month and a half and he knew that Nimona did not speak or interact with anyone else that with his husband, he couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

The next day he spent his morning sitting on a bench in a nearby park, his goal was to kill time until the time of his visit to the hospital come, suddenly he thought about everything that was happening around.

- Hah... everything... is collapsing, it's my fault that my husband was in a coma, it's my fault that he lost an arm... it's my fault that he spent months feeling sad because of my insistence on not adopting the girl... it's my fault that she is also suffering... Nimona... forgive me... I'm sorry little one...

- Hmm? W-why?

- Ehh! N-Nimona? What are you doing here? - the girl was hiding behind the bench, surprised to see her so far from the orphanage he tried to pick her up but she refused-

- I-I, I don't want to, no.

- Oh amm right, you know... you shouldn't be afraid of me.

- You don't scare me, but I know you're afraid of me - at her response he couldn't deny that she was right, he saw how his hands began to shake - see, I scare you.

- Nimona... I'm not afraid of you.

- What if I do this? - she said to transform into a cat - Do I still scare you?

- Emm... you know, now that I see you up close... you look very adorable- he said to smile at her and to his surprise without any fear- (wow, I'm... not afraid of her) will you let me carry you?

The girl still have doubts, but even with them she approached him little by little, and once close to his hands she changed into her human form and let him pick her up, with the girl in his hands he carried her, brought her close to his chest and hugged her, once he did it, he was feeling pure happiness, the little girl didn't say anything, she just hugged him back, smiling and feeling very comfortable in the arms of her now new friend.

- (Ballister was right, I can feel it, she... she is...) N-Nimona... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry- he said starting to cry, giving her a chance was all he needed to make sure that the little girl was his daughter, he felt a lot of regret about his actions, his tears came and came and the girl just hugged him tighter-

- ...You are very sad, what happened? Does something hurt? -she asked innocently-

- I um, well... yeah I'm sad, I made a lot of mistakes and that's why I hurt your friend... and I also hurt you...- the girl listened to him and managed to understand what he said, in some way it was true, she also felt sad-