Welcome

(AU of the movie, Ballister and Ambrosius are ordinary people, a married couple who dreams of a family, so they made the decision to adopt a homeless child)

The couple had been together for as long as they could remember, from the day they met they knew they were perfect for each other, they were very happy together but they knew that something was missing, they wanted to have a family but unfortunately a visit to the doctor confirmed that no one could be a donor to obtain a surrogate womb.

That news reached their souls, unfortunately they could not create a new life, but they knew that their dream should not be stagnated by that news, it took them a while but they agreed to give a child without parents a chance. That's right, they decided to go to an orphanage in the kingdom to meet the children and find their son or daughter among all those little ones.

The day had arrived, the talks had ended and they finally obtained permission from the orphanage to meet the children. They were nervous but they knew it was time, they just had to cross that door.

- Bal, nervous?

- A little, but our son or daughter is waiting for us out there, I know it, I can feel it.

- Heh, okay... but how will we know?

- Hmm?

- How will we know it is our son?

- ...- Ballister smiled and in response placed her hand on her husband's chest - your heart will tell you, once we find him and you hold him in your arms, everything will make sense.

Ambrosius smiled back, those words gave him enough confidence to open that door and take the first step towards that courtyard where there were many beautiful children playing, small and innocent souls that were abandoned without a hint of remorse, it was slightly bittersweet to remember the beginning of those children but that is why they were there, to give one of them the love that their parents did not know how to give them.

They spent time playing with different children, some were afraid of them and walked away quickly, others approached them instantly and insisted that they all play together, Ballister was happy to share time with them as was his husband, but unfortunately none of those childs generated a reaction in them.

When the children left they continued walking around the yard looking for more little ones to meet, it seemed that they had already seen them all but a slight movement in some bushes caught their attention, Ballister approached it and when removing the foliage he could see a small kitten, it seemed strange to him to see her in a place like that so he try to get it out of there, which was somewhat difficult.

- Come on little one, get out of there - when he brought his hands closer the little animal was filled with fear and out of pure instinct she hissed and scratched him lightly - Ahg! Hey, I haven't done anything to you yet.

- Bal, leave her, I think she really wants to be alone.

- ... I don't believe that, come on, you can come out - he brought one of his hands closer just so that the cat could feel his scent - we won't hurt you, come, everything will be fine.

The cat still nervous sniffed his hand and instantly calmed down, she even came closer to see it better, once more calm Ballister took the opportunity and took it with both hands, once outside Bal smiled at her and the animal seemed to do it back, but suddenly it began to shine, which scared the couple, when it stopped Ballister no longer had a cat in his hands, he had a girl in them.

- B-but what just happened?

- Ballister, let her go! it can hurt you.

She was a little girl of at least seven years old, with red hair and apparently with shapeshifting abilities; the girl looked at them confused, still in Ballister's hands she did not want to be put on the ground, while he continued looking at the little girl in amazement he suddenly brought her closer to him, carried her appropriately and the little girl hugged him back making small noises to tell him that she was happy. Seeing that the little girl was so comfortable with him, he felt his emotions begin to flow, he felt his heart beat quickly, his arms did not want to let her go and his tears were about to come out.