Affection of a villain

(AU of Ballister as a villain, this one talks more about the main couple, Nimona won't appear much)

Estimated age of characters:

Ambrosius: 9 years old at the beginning, 17 at the middle and 23 currently.

Ballister: 8 years old at the beginning, 16 at the middle and 22 currently.

Nimona: +1000 years old currently, real age in the movie events.

- Ambrosius narrates -

I never thought I would find myself in this situation, a knight of the kingdom defeated by the charms of the most wanted thief in the last years.

- 14 years ago -

I was excited to start training, being a knight was my dream, I wanted to protect the kingdom, everything was going great but the addition of a new member was something unexpected for everyone.

The queen allowed a commoner to follow our training, Ballister Boldheart, once he was among us everyone showed their discontent with him, every time he tried to talk to our companions they rejected him and on multiple occasions they bothered him because of his status, one day I lost my patience and I just took the plunge so that they would leave him alone, that day he thanked me, smiled at me and I must say that it gave me many butterflies.

I wanted to get to know him better but I was still nervous, so I watched him from afar, he was a very hyperactive boy, but outside the coliseum he was someone very different, my curiosity won and once I gathered courage I approached him and we started to interact, and that was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Not only was he good at training, he was also very good with others even after how they treated him, I didn't know why but when it came to me he was something different, a little shy, calmer but above all happy, when it happened I couldn't help but get excited, I was the only one he behaved like that with, it made me feel special in a way. Over the years we became great friends but I suspected from the beginning that what he generated in me was much more than a simple friendship.

- 6 years ago -

After thinking about it for so long I realized what I really felt for Ballister, every year with him made my stay in the castle more than just a duty or an obligation, of course being a knight is still my goal, but after so many years enjoying his company, I can finally say it, I have fallen in love with my best friend.

On his sixteenth birthday I decided to tell him at the end of the training; it was a simple but fun party, since the queen and I were the only ones who accepted Ballister, at the time of training we were paired to fight, I lost the duel but I must admit it, he wipe the floor with me.

- Are you okay?- he said as he offered me his hand-

- Heh, yes I'm fine, you're strong buddy, you beat me cleanly.

- Well, you're not far behind either, for a few seconds I thought you would leave me on the ground.

- I didn't fight badly, don't you think? - he laughed at my sarcasm and once we caught our breath I was ready to tell him - Bal...

- Yeah?

- ... There is something I want to tell you.

- Okay, tell me, I'm all ears - he prepared to listen to me but my nerves got the best of me, on top of that my face didn't reflect much confidence - are you feeling okay? you are very red.