Journal

Taylor's pov

I was so excited to go out with Gracie tonight. She and i had become really close friends over the last few months and she was like a little sister to me. We were just gonna go out and grab some dinner, but for some reason i was really excited.

I was wearing a white blouse dress with a black belt around my middle. I put on some simple heels and grabbed my coat and purse before heading out. I drove to the restaurant we agreed on and she was already there.

'Omg hi!' She greeted me with a big smile and hug. 'I'm so excited, it's so weird that we haven't done this before.' She said and i nodded.

'Well then let's get inside.' I suggested and she happily agreed.

We sat down and started small talk before ordering our drinks.

'I'll do a French blonde.' I told the waitress, she obviously recognized us and was shaking.

'I'll have a gin martini please.' Gracie told her and she handed us the menus.

'I'm so sorry i hate to be this person, but i just want to say you guys's music have really helped me get through a hard time and i just love you guys so much.' She said while her voice was shaking.

'Ahw that's so sweet, do you want to take a picture.' Gracie told her and she nodded. Her co worker got up and snapped a few pictures with the three of us before she got our drinks.

'It's always so cute meeting supporters.' I told Gracie and she nodded.

A few minutes later we ordered some plates to share and we ordered a little too much to drink so we were pretty tipsy at the end.

'Omg shut up, you're bringing out a new album.' Gracie whispered. 'Well fuck you, now i have no chance at the grammy's this year.' She chuckled and i laughed.

'Wait don't tell me, you have one to?' I whispered.

'Well yea it's coming out in June but i think i'm gonna write one or two songs before it's done. I was thinking of the name 'the secret of'. But i don't know of what yet.

'Well if i told you the name i'll have to kill you but it's really thought through. I wished i could play you a few songs.' I told her.

'Well we already paid, maybe we can go back to your place and listen to some songs of each other?' She suggested and i thought it was a great idea so we got up.

As we walked outside i told her my adres and she typed it into her notes. Only then noticing some paparazzi but just smiling as we both got in our cars.

We arrived at the same time and sat down at my dinner table. I poured us some wine, which probably wasn't the best idea but it was friday so whatever.

'Okay this is my favorite.' Gracie said as we stopped dancing to 'but daddy i love him.'

'Well this is one of mine.' I pointed to 'Blowing smoke.'

'What this?' Gracie pointed at a journal that was on the couch.

'Oh just a random book i keep with me in case of inspiration. I know it kind of feels like a joke.' I said and we exchanged a look.

'I'll set up the piano for you.' I told her. 'Grab a piece of paper and pen, we're about to write a song Grace.' We jumped up and i walked to the living room.

Gracie came back with my journal and a pen. And before i could stop her she'd already opened it. Fuck.

'No don't-' I still desperately tried to stop her but she'd already opened it.

'Oh Tay.' She sniffed. Staring at the blade tucked in the page, she read the few words that were scribbled down.

'It's not what you think it is.' I said as Gracie sat down next to me. 'I don't-' Before i could finish my sentence Gracie had slipped up my sleeve.

'Oh.' She gasped. My eyes were tearing up, my stomach was full. She was staring at the cuts on my wrists. And she was crying, with me.

'Are you okay? Can i do something?' She said clueless but sincere and concerned.

'Could we talk? I really need to just lay out my heart.' Gracie nodded and we moved to my bed room. We sat down on my bed as she held me.

'It's just, i get a lot of shit for what i do. And i know not everyone can like me, but it's just hard sometimes. They're saying i'm pregnant again, and that i'm getting too old for this.' I start sobbing into Gracie's lap, my head on her legs as she plays with my hair, it's really comforting.

'Just breathe, it'll be okay Tay. You're right not everyone can like you, but the right people like you. The important one's, Travis, your family and friends. You don't need everyone to like you, you just gotta like yourself. I know it's hard, but i'm sure we can get through it, together i'll always be here for you. I mean i have told you the frootloop story so we can't ever not be friends again.' She said and her words calmed me down.

'Thank you Gracie, i love you so much.' I sniffled still in her lap and calming down.

'I love you too Tay, now let's just put on something comfortable and we can just cuddle up a little and watch friends?' She said and i loved that she was so cool about this. I mean i did just break down in-front of her, on her lap.

We got up and changed. We laughed really hard and Gracie even fell to the floor when i gave her a pajama shirt. It was a present from Selena, a shirt with the words 'Travis fucker' on there. She'd made me one for every boyfriend i'd ever had.

The evening was great, we laughed a lot and it was so refreshing talking with Gracie. She's really smart and gives great advice. We talked about everything there is to talk about and more, she knows all my secrets now. We tried to make popcorn but the kitchen caught on fire, and it was the funniest thing ever.

I love the fact that i can really be myself around her. I love her, like the little sister i'd never had.