Chapter 7

*CAMERONS POV*

"Be mine." I say to Rachel.

"Cameron..." She says.

It was Saturday and we had nothing.

"Rachel, I can protect you. I can make you safe in my arms." I say to her.

She smiles and kisses me on the lips.

"Is that a yes?" I ask her.

"Yes." She says, whispering.

I pick her up off the ground and she wraps her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. I then kiss her like my life depended on it.

"What was that for?" She asks, smiling.

Who knew I would fall in love with my best friend...

"I just wanted to show that you mean the world to me." I say, setting her back on the ground.

She smiles as her phone rings on and off and her skin turns pale. She almost drops her phone, but I catch it and read the messages she got.

Jack- baby, I didn't mean any of it. I love you and only you. I kissed Angela because I got jealous of you kissing Cameron because it looked like you enjoy it.. Please come back to me, baby.

Jack- I need you. My life isn't complete without you.. Please, baby. I love you so much. You make me the happiest guy in the world. The way you smile at my corny jokes and just the way your presence makes my heart happy.

Jack- I'm drinking trying to forget about you, but you aren't leaving my mind. It's always you, it's always gonna be you. If I'm drunk or sober, you won't leave my mind. You are all I think about. Baby, please come back..

Jack- I know you read these.. I'm sorry, baby. If you come back to me, I will make it up to you and I will be the luckiest guy in the world. I will make you feel on cloud nine. Just please come back to me... I can't think straight knowing you aren't mine....

Jack- I love you..

Unknown number- Cameron can't keep you safe for long.

I stare up at her as a tear escapes her eye.

"A-Are you going back to him?" I ask her.

"No." She says.

I wrap my arms around her as she puts her head in my chest and let's our soft cries.

"He hurt me really bad." She says, whispering.

"And he isn't going to do it again. I'll make sure of it." I say. "Princess, tell me about the unknown number."

She wipes her tears. "I don't know. I got it last night.."

"Do you think maybe it's your father?" I ask her.

"I don't know, maybe." She says.

I kiss her forehead. "I'll keep you safe."

There was a moment of silence for a second. It was peaceful almost. I was standing there with my arms around Rachel, rocking her back in forth trying to calm her down.

"Is your mom still in San Fran?" She asks.

"I don't know. Let's call her." I say.

I dial her number and put it on speaker.

G; Gina / C; Cameron / R; Rachel

C; "Hey mom, how are you?"

G; *coughs loudly* "I'm okay, how are you?"